Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Replacements for if Stockdale goes?

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Personally think the first bit of business that should be done is extending the contracts of both Stockdale and Stephens. Both have been instrumental parts in this years success and would hate to lose either.

If Stockdale did leave, then replacing him with a better player would be difficult; there's a lot of mediocre players around and names such as Hennessey, Ruddy and Brad Jones but not many available that I'd personally view as being on a par.

Possibly Rene Adler? Casillas contract at Porto is nearing the end of his contract, but would expect wages would be hefty.

Adler is a really good goalkeeper, will be glad to see him here

That said, I'd prefer Stocko to extend his contract

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We have an able replacement in Niki Maenpaa who may possibly not sign a new contract.

This is the obvious solution. International keeper with a very safe pair of hands. Obviously likes it here and has the right temperament. Never throws his toys out the pram at lack of first team opportunity. A true pro. Who even bother looking further? Move Walton up to first-team-keeper-in-waiting and it's job done. IMHO, like.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But then that could be the case with DS ..case of seeing how it all pans out
Exactamondo.

[MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] is screaming (as usual :lol: ) from the rafters that promotion is more poisoned challis than golden goose.
A fact backed up by the numbers and recent history.

Yet here we fans are, throwing around the odd million here and there, to 'just give him what he wants'.
Not to mention the not so odd £20 -£30 m, on many players that have been humbled by the players deemed to need replacing.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Exactamondo.

[MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] is screaming (as usual :lol: ) from the rafters that promotion is more poisoned challis than golden goose.
A fact backed up by the numbers and recent history.

Yet here we fans are, throwing around the odd million here and there, to 'just give him what he wants'.
Not to mention the not so odd £20 -£30 m, on many players that have been humbled by the players deemed to need replacing.

I can see your point ...we all know we need strengthening...the pace of the Premiership is something we've got to come to terms with..but I'd like to think we can build on the current team spirit of this squad similar to what Burnley have done over the last three seasons

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
West Ham fans think Adrian is rubbish. The Albion won't acquire flops.
HITC (dodgy source I know) were reporting Stockdale had retweeted and liked a tweet saying West Ham should sign him on a free but it's now taken off his timeline he doesn't seem to take things too seriously so maybe it's all light hearted to him.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
[MENTION=73]trueblue[/MENTION] [MENTION=99]B.W.[/MENTION]

This is where I draw my line in the sand.
I'll quite happily chat along in the 'generally looking forward' conversations.
(well when I say chat I mean deride all those with no imagination, :lol: )

But picking over replacements for not just a specific player, but one of our PotS', when there's still 4 games promotion and a title at stake, is IMHO too far.
Well said totally agree with you

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Scott Sterling.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
HITC (dodgy source I know) were reporting Stockdale had retweeted and liked a tweet saying West Ham should sign him on a free but it's now taken off his timeline he doesn't seem to take things too seriously so maybe it's all light hearted to him.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Stockdale is certainly PL class. Once he ironed out the odd error of the past, he's pretty much 'perfect' in all aspects required from a goalie in my biased opinion.

Let's hope it's with us and not WHU.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here