Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's time. We're going up.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Imagine if we were in 3rd place, 12 points behind Huddersfield. We'd be saying it's done.
Yes we would, because we'd be feeling down and feel like it's too far. But that wouldn't make it so.

I'm too old and wise to think it's done when it's not.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Even if we go through a (by our standards) rough patch of 2-2-2 we’d be on 91 points.
I'd be tempted to take that now.
With Reading now in 3rd place and Hudders 4th on the back of two successive defeats they’ll surely now be focused on finishing 3rd to get 2nd leg home advantage in the playoffs.
Pedant alert: 4th place get 2nd leg home advantage too.

Wagner will be setting them up psychologically for that IMHO, rather than chasing us for 2nd.
Like Leicester last year, the manager should be setting them up to get 3 points in the next game. Ranieri refused to accept they were chasing the title, he said they needed the points to be safe from relegation. Then when they were, he said they were aiming for top 4, CL (all the while being top). Only once they were guaranteed top 4, did he say 'now we want to win'. Wagner won't be saying to them they've given up on top two, he'll just be trying to get 3 points tonight.

I think that Burton’s 96th minute goal on Saturday will be seen as a defining moment in the promotion race, which is what I felt at the time I was going nuts in the WSL concourse when the goal was announced.
Or their drubbing by Bristol. Or any of the other massive moments.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Still a long way to go but the joy of 1979 could soon be repeated .

Totally this, I'm daydreaming about the celebrations on the streets of Brighton during an open top bus parade. These things happen once in a lifetime for a club like Brighton. I was three years old the last time and have no recollection of it of course. The most deserving set of fans in the world when you consider what we we've been through. TB is the most deserving chairman as well. What a job he's done putting so much of his personal wealth on the line and without blinking has held in there

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
also bear in mind that 6 points should certainly be ours from Bristol City and Wigan Home games, I mean they both ot battered last night by two bang average teams in Ipswich & Preston
Preston aren't that average, we got 1 point off them this season - and Bristol beat Huddersfield 4-0. There are no gimmies.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If you honestly, seriously, disagree with this statement, then let's hear it right now.

We're going up, we're by-passing the play-offs, and this is going to be the most successful Brighton side that the world has ever seen.

12 points clear. 6 games to play. Imagine if these stats were the other way around. We'd have given up long ago.

Will we lose again? Probably. If we don't, it's not even going to be close. Over the course of the season, we're so much better than Huddersfield. We've done it this time, there can be no argument. Going up up up.

We're on our way!!!

Have to agree.

In addition, look at Newcastle's, Reading's and Huddersfield's remaining fixtures. Each has some tricky games against top teams or large clubs that have hit form.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Totally this, I'm daydreaming about the celebrations on the streets of Brighton during an open top bus parade. These things happen once in a lifetime for a club like Brighton. I was three years old the last time and have no recollection of it of course. The most deserving set of fans in the world when you consider what we we've been through. TB is the most deserving chairman as well. What a job he's done putting so much of his personal wealth on the line and without blinking has held in there

Was amazing on the Sunday with 22000 in the Goldstone just to greet the players , then the bus and Hove Town Hall also having witnessed the glory of the game at Newcastle . Brilliant unforgettable times .

Attachments

• img577.jpg
    img577.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 341
  • img576.jpg
    img576.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 355
  • img573.jpg
    img573.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 342
  • img574.jpg
    img574.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 351
  • img572.jpg
    img572.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 354
  • img575.jpg
    img575.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 359
  • img571.jpg
    img571.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 362

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
this thread reminds me of the Reading fans on the pitch before Ulloa scored at Forest.....
Being pedantic, that didn't actually happen. They just thought Forest had equalised when actually the 2-2 late leveller was the Bolton-Birmingham game.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
It does look like a formality after last night, even to the point where I've been trying to work when it will happen not if. Looks very likely it'll be at Norwich which is the one f***ing game that I can't make it to this season, typical..

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
If you honestly, seriously, disagree with this statement, then let's hear it right now.

We're going up, we're by-passing the play-offs, and this is going to be the most successful Brighton side that the world has ever seen.

12 points clear. 6 games to play. Imagine if these stats were the other way around. We'd have given up long ago.

Will we lose again? Probably. If we don't, it's not even going to be close. Over the course of the season, we're so much better than Huddersfield. We've done it this time, there can be no argument. Going up up up.

We're on our way!!!

I like your bravado, but as much as great as it feels right now, i still cannot bring myself, yet, to start celebrating. This isn't pessimism v's optimism. I am very optimistic. I think we will do it, but I am only looking as far as QPR and Wolves away. These are two tricky aways, and whilst we just won the last two at home against teams we should beat, we didn't play well in either.
The players must also start to get a little nervous of the magnitude of the potential achievement. I will hold everything until at least after the next two away's and the results of Reading and Hudds for the same period. This is sport and this league is crazy, as fans work away and celebrate if you will, but I hope Hughton and the boys only focus is on QPR and nothing more.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
this thread reminds me of the Reading fans on the pitch before Ulloa scored at Forest.....
Damn straight.

Don't make fools of yourselves, pride before a fall, he who laughs last, keep your powder dry.

Large lady still on holiday and not due to return until Good Friday.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Being pedantic, that didn't actually happen. They just thought Forest had equalised when actually the 2-2 late leveller was the Bolton-Birmingham game.
I've not heard that before, you got a link?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Reliably informed that when Glenn hits 20 goals that's it,we're up.He hit 20 for our promotion to the Championship,and 20 for the scum in their promotion season,but depending on the results during the week,I might be sinking a few this weekend to celebrate!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've not heard that before, you got a link?
To what? There is a YouTube video (of a SkySports split-screen between the Reading and Albion games) where a few of them celebrating​ a non existent equaliser in the crowd seconds after Brum equalised. They then poured onto the pitch two mins later.

I can't be arsed to provide the link just because you're being a tiresome smart-arse again. But you're welcome to look for it yourself if you wish.

Last edited:

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I would be more worried about Reading, they have 2 tough games and then 4 easy games. I can see them getting 15 points plus. Huddersfield have a tough run in 4 of their last 8 are against sides still in with a shout of the play offs. We need a minimum of 8 points from our last 6

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

We're on our way!!!

I'm not going to argue with you. I just don't want to say it yet. I want to wait and wait and wait, and then burst into tears at the right moment and for the right reasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here