Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It would seem that the UK is no longer the preferred destination, Germany being the main choice.

See. I told you so. I was ****ing right all along. You lot should listen to me.

Sent from The land of milk and honey

D

Deleted member 22389

Germany might have the infrastructure to deal with these people but there are other countries in the EU that can't. What you don't want in Germany is ending up with hundreds of thousands of people who are not prepared to move on, because their applications to stay in Germany have been turned down. Where do they go, what is the plan at your end for these people? I agree it appears Germany along with Sweden are the top places to get to, I'm glad the UK is looking less attractive.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015

Merkel is bribing them in on the strength of their dire need to prop up the falling German population....simple.... so once they all become German citizens, then of course they can over anywhere in the EU.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Well according to Al Jazeera a mother on the same dinghy as the child that was photod on the beach and lost two children herself, has spoken out. Apparently the father of the little boy was the smuggler who was taking the money from them all. The BBC were given access to the interview but refused.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

I have lived in Germany and still visit and I love the place, very underestimated outside of Syria !!

My personal view is that it is good to see several hundred Germans greeting the refugees, but my group of German friends, middle aged, professional I guess is the best ways to describe them have the same deep reservations of Germany's immigration malaise as any other European country and this was before the latest influx from Syria.

I just do not accept that the majority of Germans are as happy about this situation as the UK media suggests.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
You would think that sort of story would be on the Al Jazeera website Soulman. You sure it was Al Jazeera, and not some dodgy rightwing blog youre prone to promoting?
Would be unusual for Jazeera to be commenting on what the BBC does or doesnt do.
Why would they be offering their news story to another organisation, and why the BBC?

Last edited:

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Well according to Al Jazeera a mother on the same dinghy as the child that was photod on the beach and lost two children herself, has spoken out. Apparently the father of the little boy was the smuggler who was taking the money from them all. The BBC were given access to the interview but refused.

A different story from Sky News :-

[yt]QZUuoaq1MLM[/YT]

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Germany might have the infrastructure to deal with these people but there are other countries in the EU that can't. What you don't want in Germany is ending up with hundreds of thousands of people who are not prepared to move on, because their applications to stay in Germany have been turned down. Where do they go, what is the plan at your end for these people? I agree it appears Germany along with Sweden are the top places to get to, I'm glad the UK is looking less attractive.

This.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
[MENTION=13923]carlzeiss[/MENTION] Is there sound with that sky report?
I dont seem to have sound for it.

Would like to hear it, as the video was posted on youtube by a UKIP member rather than SKY.
Is his dental work mentioned in the report on SKY video?.
I dont see any tooth issue mentioned in online report?

http://news.sky.com/story/1546481/dead-boys-aunt-tells-of-asylum-claim-despair

Last edited:

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

I think there is a fair bit of infrastructure the Germans need to develop following Merkel's generous offer to the Syrians.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/saud...es-in-germany-for-syrian-refugees-605755.html

I think this contribution by Saudi Arabia to help Germany out is wonderful and shows that international solidarity in the face of this catastrophe is still holding firm.

I'm sure teh German people will feel that way too.

Last edited:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Does this video mention dental work? I cant get sound for it for some reason....and it was posted by a UKIP member. Not SKY, so excuse my doubt

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I think there is a fair bit of infrastructure the Germans need to develop following Merkel's generous offer to the Syrians.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/saud...es-in-germany-for-syrian-refugees-605755.html

I think this contribution by Saudi Arabia to help Germany out is wonderful and shows that international solidarity in the face of this catastrophe is still holding firm.

I'm sure teh German people will feel that way too.

That would be the same Saudi Arabia where the building of churches is illegal.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Does this video mention dental work? I cant get sound for it for some reason....and it was posted by a UKIP member. Not SKY, so excuse my doubt

Yes it does. She says that he wanted to get new teeth as he has none and it would cost $14,000 (presumably Canadian). She could not get him that sort of money in one go (something about going via a 3rd party and western union etc), so her father suggested that they try to get to Europe "for his kids and a better future and then we will see if we can fix his teeth". It is another interview that is very open to interpretation and has been, hence the wording at the beginning.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Cheers. That is pretty poor. Although, it doesnt mean his family deserved to die, and should be denied any compassion. Dying trying to improve your life is a tragedy. To suggest it was just for dental work is a bit crass imo.
Im more intrigued by this Al Jazeera story, and them offering their story to the BBC for some reason.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here