Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] So Mike Dean...what did you think

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yes read that article earlier, ‘ a man who tends to shirk attention’ - where’s the exclamation mark, surely the journalist is not serious?

You don't need an exclamation mark to convey sarcasm. It's totally unnecessary if you understand the subject being written about!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Felt a bit like the "Mike Dean Show", starring Mike Dean and some footballers at times......but we won so I'm not bothered.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As I thought at the time - clear, clear handball. Thank god it didn’t mean a lot but still annoying you prick.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
When a player cleatly plucks the ball out of the air with his hand and neither the ref or lino spot it you have to despair. As clear a handball as you could see - and right in front of Dean.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
As others have said, got the critical ones right. When we went a goal up though, it seemed like he was going to keep giving them free kicks until they equalised.

Yep, so many soft free kicks but I will concede biggies were correct apart from missing Abraham's handball in the lead up to their goal.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
He awarded Swansea 17 free kicks to our 6. Some were ridiculously soft such as against Gross in the 1st half in the centre circle for what can only be described as "jumping up next to an opponent". On another occasion he ignored a blatant barge by Ayew in the 2nd half which sent our player (Bong?) flying, then within 5 minutes he ignored a similar barge on Knockhaert near the half way line.

I can accept a shit ref if they are consistently shit. But Dean was ridiculously inconsistent.

OK he awarded us a penalty. But he also missed / ignored the Abraham handball.

We won despite Dean.
I saw nothing wrong with the shoulder barge on Bong.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Been pretty decent in our games this season.

0.jpg

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The assistant lifted his flag immediately. I'm not sure whether Murray actually touched it.

I couldn't tell if he made contact with the ball or not, but he was definitely interfering with an opponent by trying to get to the ball right where the keeper is trying to dive to save it, so would be argued as offside on that basis. Obviously, as Brighton fans we'll think that's nonsense, but it's the argument we'd be making if it was the other way around.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I couldn't tell if he made contact with the ball or not, but he was definitely interfering with an opponent by trying to get to the ball right where the keeper is trying to dive to save it, so would be argued as offside on that basis. Obviously, as Brighton fans we'll think that's nonsense, but it's the argument we'd be making if it was the other way around.

That’s the way I saw it.......shame really as the goalie completely misjudged AK’s shot/cross

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

100% offside. I don't think he touched it, not sure if the 'keeper would have reached it but Murray's presence certainly gave the appearance that he was involved.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Some pundits blamed AK for delaying his shot and praised GM fort doing what he would be expected to do anticipate the cross/shot. In which case he wouldnt have been in an offside position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here