Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Sam Baldock 'Saga'

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
He was due to sign today, but the move was hijacked by Cheadle Market III XI who offered £30 and a bunch of marrows.

Dec 29, 2011
Jay Thomas once of arsenal created 80% of baldocks goals last season, was very highly regarded a few years ago! big powerful and great dribbler, should go for the pair

Wouldn't say no to that. A decent player and can't believe he's still only 23. Seems to have been around for donkeys years.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
The key question for me is whether Baldock is better than O'Grady. I can't see much to suggest that he is that much better but statistics only tell part of the story. We need more quality not just more players

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
BCFC won't accept 1M and they have a rich chairman, this was said a couple of weeks ago.
Exactly this. The starting price for him i would guess is 2 million

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
The key question for me is whether Baldock is better than O'Grady. I can't see much to suggest that he is that much better but statistics only tell part of the story. We need more quality not just more players
Have you actually seen him play?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
He was due to sign today, but the move was hijacked by Cheadle Market III XI who offered £30 and a bunch of marrows.

How are we expected to compete with spending power like that?!

But it did make me laugh.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
How are we expected to compete with spending power like that?!

But it did make me laugh.

The thing that annoyed me was the marrows. If that was a deal clincher then a visit to the Open Market could have resolved our shortcomings. I'm sure a couple of juicy melons would have been a head turner. But we may have been in breach of FFP (Fair Fruit Portions)

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
The thing that annoyed me was the marrows. If that was a deal clincher then a visit to the Open Market could have resolved our shortcomings. I'm sure a couple of juicy melons would have been a head turner. But we may have been in breach of FFP (Fair Fruit Portions)

I think it might depend on the type of melons. Perhaps we should call in that Greg bloke from Masterchef for some consultancy.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I would be ecstatic if we signed him. I remember him from well from his MK days and said at the time i would love to sign him. He would be an excellent acquisition to the squad.Th only slight concern about him is his injuries. He tends to pick them up.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
All threads are good.

Long ones are better. #LoveTraffic

do you think this thread has the substance required to become a very long thread - potentially including various title changes (possibly including words medical and signed)?

#fishingforknowledge

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I think it might depend on the type of melons. Perhaps we should call in that Greg bloke from Masterchef for some consultancy.

I think the sticking point could be a potential misinterpretation of the 'couple of juicy melons'..

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here