Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The only brown face on an underground train in India

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
So you're an Indian off to work on the subway in Bombay or Delhi. You get in a carriage and notice you're the only brown face. The carriage is full of white faces. Are you happy that your country has been taken over by white immigrants? Just asking.

This doesn't seem very likely to me. And, moreover, as I am not an Indian or have a 'brown' face, I don't really feel qualified to comment. What made you dream up this scenario? Just asking.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Yes, but they've brought culinary delights like boiled cabbage to the sub-continent. What's not to like?

Exactly, but the local young'uns like it as they can swill it back with lovely sparkly tasty booze.

Vulnerable youngsters as young as 13 with a newly taste for boiled cabbage and beer get taken upstairs in the cabab-age shops for some boozy jiggy amongst the shop owners family and freinds.

Diversity innit.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
barry+manilow.jpg

Honky?????

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Sure, you invited them in, asking them to help improve your country, and you asked them to fight your wars for you. Now that you're rich enough to use taxis while they slum it underground, I don't see the problem.
Of course you dont, you dont deal with the effects every day , with no real prospect of moving somewhere different, and immigration nowadays is far removed from the commonwealth model you mention, and since when did we "ask them to fight our wars for us " ? while there were troops from india and the caribbean fighting for us , you are insinuating that the majority of this country sat back and took it easy whilst we sent out the poor colonials to do battle on our behalf.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
So you're an Indian off to work on the subway in Bombay or Delhi. You get in a carriage and notice you're the only brown face. The carriage is full of white faces. Are you happy that your country has been taken over by white immigrants? Just asking.

The irony of your post is that you won't find a white face on the Delhi subway, the white faces are all in chauffeur driven cars - Driven by people with brown faces living 300 miles away from home on $100 a month - So I guess that yes, I would be happy to see that we were all equals....

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Oi cabbage is very underated!!!

I assume the OP is suggesting this might be the alternative case somewhere in the UK. If so where? I travel the underground every single day and don't think I have been in this situation. maybe I have and just hadn't noticed as all I see is people around me.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Of course you dont, you dont deal with the effects every day , with no real prospect of moving somewhere different, and immigration nowadays is far removed from the commonwealth model you mention, and since when did we "ask them to fight our wars for us " ? while there were troops from india and the caribbean fighting for us , you are insinuating that the majority of this country sat back and took it easy whilst we sent out the poor colonials to do battle on our behalf.

I've got an idea for you.

You need to keep a quote library on your hard drive. You can then drag and drop these standard phrases into your rants and it will save you countless hours of typing the same thing again and again and again. You may actualy get some work done.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I've got an idea for you.

You need to keep a quote library on your hard drive. You can then drag and drop these standard phrases into your rants and it will save you countless hours of typing the same thing again and again and again. You may actualy get some work done.
I quote the same old answers, to the same old statements.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
The same arguments that the racists bring up once every 3 or 4 months?

Bohoo, I cant call somebody from the asian sub continent a paki without being called a racist....poor me...

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I quote the same old answers, to the same old statements.

Fair.

Maybe use my idea though, eh? Will improve your productivity, your company's productivity, GDP and ultimately put the GREAT back in GREAT BRITAIN.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
No, you didnt in this case Bushy, but its been a constant throughout the thread, and frankly, its pretty ridiculous.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here