Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Liar (TV Programmme) - spoiler

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I thought at the start of the series there might be more to it than simply "woman gets raped, man denies it, man ends up paying the price."

She seemed unhinged, he seemed genuinely nice, it would have been brave to do something different with the script but instead it reverted to type and then some. What we had in the penultimate episode was him tied to a pillar and her threatening to castrate him, before him having his throat cut in the finale.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
It started off well then lost it's way. It was 3 episodes too long for a start. Secondly, they should not have revealed until the very end that he was a serial rapist so that you were kept guessing who was the liar OR she needed to start a relationship with Ian (or whatever his name is) and then accuse him of rape too, then they would both be liars (but that would upset rather a lot of people I suspect). Why we need another series is the biggest mystery as no-one cares who killed him, nor do we particular care about her relationship with her sister.

It was a good concept but, as seems to be the modern trend, was dragged out far too much.

Pretty much agree with your view. This was a potentially very good two-parter stretched far too long. The final episode was bad but I thought it had going steadily downhill anyway.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
From episode 2 Mrs SS was certain is was Halfpenny's estranged boyfriend - using copper knowledge to remain forensically smart, to have a last "go" on his ex bird.

The episode in Edinburgh seemed completely pointless.

No one murdered Mr Rapist surgeon, he's done the honourable thing, I guess.

Asking the dyke SIO for a shag was a classic - no mate, I bat for the other side ... but chose to call him a rapist instead.

Agreed, weak ending ....

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Re

I'm with the concensus that pretty good series spoilt by poor last episode. Many issues but worst being who on earth would have authorised that ham fisted honey trap?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here