• No

Votes: 125 65.8%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
"Football world left baffled as Brighton supporters boo Wayne Rooney throughout 1-1 draw with Everton

Even so, when the 31 year-old trotted out with his Everton team mates to play Brighton at the Amex, he probably wasn't expecting a particularly hostile reception.

After all, why would he?

Everton and Brighton have no great rivalry or history. This was Rooney's first Premier League clash against the Seagulls. He has no links to Crystal Palace, Brighton's fiercest rivals.

And yet - despite the fact England's record goalscorer has never said or done anything to harm Brighton - a large section of the home supporters booed him relentlessly, jeering his every touch during the 1-1 draw.

Somewhat understandably, football fans everywhere were a little mystified…"

More >>> http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/football-world-left-baffled-brighton-11346651

Strange one. Strikes me as a bit parochial.

Did you boo? If so, why?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No surprises that I didn't :lolol: but yeah, thought it made us seem like a small club.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Apparently he did a poor job painting the fence at the local garden centre, boooooooooo...

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
absolutely tin pot....along with the stupid cheering when the keeper takes a goal kick......and don't get me started on the Palace song !!! How many of them were at Selhurst Park in the 70's or know what happened ?/

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I booed him because he seemed to go down easily and was a bit shite. Not because he was Wayne Rooney :shrug:

Well, that's OK - at least in my opinion.

But a reasonable number of fans seemed to have decided to boo him from the off, simply for being Wayne Rooney.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Everyone taking a moral stance on his drink driving conviction we all have very high standards.

I didn't boo, nor did I applaud him. I also didn't hear any booing of Rooney by others seated around me. There were the usual one liners that are shouted out to any opposing player from time to time.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
I guess in a funny way it’s out of respect that he’s a great player or was . The fact that in his day he would of destroyed us maybe jealous . But yep did boo him loved it he was shit and gutted we only drew as an Everton fan sat next to us said we was robbed . Rooney booooooooo piss off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Well, that's OK - at least in my opinion.

But a reasonable number of fans seemed to have decided to boo him from the off, simply for being Wayne Rooney.

'We' tend to do it a lot with 'name players', don't like it at all.

I did boo him after that pathetic dive in the NW corner though.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
No only shouted "that's the second poor touch you've had in recent weeks" .... once!

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Gave him some stick once he'd proved himself to be a perma-whingeing, falling over, referee's ear bashing, fat Joey Barton wanabee. But not before

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Section of crowd start to jeer opposition striker after assorted diving histrionics and whining to the ref.
Not really a story is it.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Didn't to start with but then when he went down looking for a foul and nothing was given and he had a massive strop, then I did. As we would for any player who acts like an arse during the game

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Just another painfully predictable response from a painfully predictable section of our support. The same fans who have been gloating over Palace's struggles ( as if we are setting the world alight !! )but are now remarkably quiet after they beat the champions on Saturday. The same fans who think everything is alright in the world if Palace have lost at the same time as us.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here