Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*TWELVE pounds ENTRY to Seven STARS Bar tomorrow*

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Myself and 2 friends went to the Seven Stars Bar and for me it was good value. It is £ 12 but with a programme thrown in so £ 8.50. We got there at 12.30 pm and left at 2.45 pm and stayed afterwards for 45 minutes. Plenty of comfortable seats, quick service at a well manned bar, hot food, 5 beers on draft, decent wine with a free pool table and table football, lots of tv screens showing live football and the post match highlights. It was worth every penny, for me and we will make it a regular venue now. Worth a try as a good match day experience and offers something different
Has Paul Barber hacked your account?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Myself and 2 friends went to the Seven Stars Bar and for me it was good value. It is £ 12 but with a programme thrown in so £ 8.50. We got there at 12.30 pm and left at 2.45 pm and stayed afterwards for 45 minutes. Plenty of comfortable seats, quick service at a well manned bar, hot food, 5 beers on draft, decent wine with a free pool table and table football, lots of tv screens showing live football and the post match highlights. It was worth every penny, for me and we will make it a regular venue now. Worth a try as a good match day experience and offers something different

You either didn't play pool or there has been a quick improvement there. Last week the table had two rips in the cloth and had a massive roll. Only one cue had a tip on it, and that was the wrong size, and there was no chalk. All these conspired to make Seven Stars pool a bit more like "crazy pool".

Other than that, I largely agree with your assessment that it is a decent place, but still pitched incorrectly price wise for most people.

How many were in there yesterday?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Ha ha ! No it is an honest opinion and I thought it was good value for what it offered. Each to their own

so how many other pubs or bars are you happy to pay £8.50 for? is there an untapped market for members pubs?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You either didn't play pool or there has been a quick improvement there. Last week the table had two rips in the cloth and had a massive roll. Only one cue had a tip on it, and that was the wrong size, and there was no chalk. All these conspired to make Seven Stars pool a bit more like "crazy pool".

Other than that, I largely agree with your assessment that it is a decent place, but still pitched incorrectly price wise for most people.

How many were in there yesterday?

The Pool table was fine. There must have been over 100 in there, close to capacity

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
so how many other pubs or bars are you happy to pay £8.50 for? is there an untapped market for members pubs?

If it provides a decent environment I am more than happy to pay £ 8.50 for 3 hours comfort

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just bought a ticket for the Orient game and noticed on the ticket I get FREE ENTRY TO THE SEVEN STARS!!!

Ticket was only a tenner! No wonder we're running at a loss!!

Just noticed this in the red writing on the email. Collect a wristband from the ticket office it seems.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Just noticed this in the red writing on the email. Collect a wristband from the ticket office it seems.

Yes you cannot get in without a wristband

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Nice freebie to throw in with the Orient tickets. Not sure if that's just with the first block(s) sold though as presumably it's not unlimited numbers ( although it's only east lower open and the crowd will be tiny ).

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
"It has come to our attention that some supporters received information regarding free entry to Seven Stars bar on email confirmations of their bookings. We would like to clarify that free entry to Seven Stars only applies to supporters who have booked East Platinum seating (in block E1DH) for first team home league games. Please be aware that the Seven Stars bar and Dicks bar will be closed for the Checkatrade Trophy U23 game against Leyton Orient. Refreshments will be available on the concourse from 6.45pm."

:tantrum:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
"We would like to clarify that free entry to Seven Stars only applies to supporters who have booked East Platinum seating (in block E1DH) for first team home league games."

That explains why it was that much busier when [MENTION=3887]Uncle Spielberg[/MENTION] was in there for the Norwich game.

However, does this mean some people are paying for 1901 but not getting a 1901 lounge?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
"It has come to our attention that some supporters received information regarding free entry to Seven Stars bar on email confirmations of their bookings. We would like to clarify that free entry to Seven Stars only applies to supporters who have booked East Platinum seating (in block E1DH) for first team home league games. Please be aware that the Seven Stars bar and Dicks bar will be closed for the Checkatrade Trophy U23 game against Leyton Orient. Refreshments will be available on the concourse from 6.45pm."

:tantrum:
Not cool.

I thought they might be promoting 7 stars to get more sales.

Parking seems to be free tonight at Bennetts field, assuming that's not withdrawn as well.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yep, that seems to be the solution to the "empty lounge" issue. Bundle it in with pricier seats.

Villa - East Platinum, including Seven Stars access: £55.
Villa - East Lower, no Seven Stars access: £40.

Screen Shot 2016-11-08 at 09.08.42.png

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Yep, that seems to be the solution to the "empty lounge" issue. Bundle it in with pricier seats.

Villa - East Platinum, including Seven Stars access: £55.
Villa - East Lower, no Seven Stars access: £40.

View attachment 79256

Apart from lounge access what else do you get from 'platinum' seats? If nothing else then you're better off going for the £40 seat and buying lounge access for £12.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Apart from lounge access what else do you get from 'platinum' seats? If nothing else then you're better off going for the £40 seat and buying lounge access for £12.

The Platinum seats are better in that they are at the back of the lower and on the half-way line.

Additionally, and certainly for the Villa game, there are groups of tickets available so you can get 2/4/whatever together if you need them. Elsewhere in the East Lower, there is very little left - mainly singles.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here