Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

38 Years On

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Another Palace knob looking for attention. Go out and do something. It's a fun world out there.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well played Brighton, you're finally in with a shout of claiming that Division 2 title that we pipped you to in 1979.

Thanks to the excellent Mr Hughton and the limitless backing of Tony.

Enjoy the festivities for hard earned promotion. :drink::thumbsup:

Thanks, Del.

Sorry to inform you that the three points for a win system has been back dated to 1979.

This means that you actually finished fourth- missing out to Stoke City by virtue of goals scored.

It also means we went up as champions.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Very interesting to see how the Palace/Brighton thing plays out over the next few years.

We are obviously odds on to have much the better of things but the joy of it is you never know. Palace do have a happy knack of finding a way to keep up.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
Very interesting to see how the Palace/Brighton thing plays out over the next few years.

We are obviously odds on to have much the better of things but the joy of it is you never know. Palace do have a happy knack of finding a way to keep up.

I don't think this is true. You have a nicer looking stadium, that's about it. We have better players, a better manager and much more financial power than you.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Not really. I just don't get why you think you're in a better position than us.

I think because whilst you have sqaundered 5 years of riches on a bit of cladding,and overpriced players. we sqaundered ours on building a ne3w state of the art acadamy and training ground, a purpose built stadium, and it can not be denied this is due to the wonderful Mr Bloom, at least the club has a structure about it. Will we struggle? yes, will we come down next year , possibly. But our benefactor has freely and willingly given his time, money and as far as I am aware, that is perfectly withing the rules. Your lot however basically swindled an awful lot of people out of an awful lot of money(twice) to get where you are. I know which club I would rather support

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't think this is true. You have a nicer looking stadium, that's about it. We have better players, a better manager and much more financial power than you.

Better players - so you should having been in receipt of Premier League riches for a few years now. However you also have some utter dross that you have and are massively overpaying for.

Better manager - I don't believe you would find a single Albion fan who would take a swap of Allardyce for Hughton. We are delighted to have the quiet, under-stated, humble, modest and utterly professional manager we have. If you are happy with what you have, then good for you - you're welcome to him.

More financial power - There won't be much in it now we've finally gained promotion to Richville. We're pretty much starting from scratch now which, if nothing else, means we don't have the overpaid dross sitting on our books that you do.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
Better players - so you should having been in receipt of Premier League riches for a few years now. However you also have some utter dross that you have and are massively overpaying for.

Better manager - I don't believe you would find a single Albion fan who would take a swap of Allardyce for Hughton. We are delighted to have the quiet, under-stated, humble, modest and utterly professional manager we have. If you are happy with what you have, then good for you - you're welcome to him.

More financial power - There won't be much in it now we've finally gained promotion to Richville. We're pretty much starting from scratch now which, if nothing else, means we don't have the overpaid dross sitting on our books that you do.

Of course we have some dross (as does every club) but our starting X1 is looking pretty formidable now. A few signings in key areas in the summer will make that and the squad a lot stronger.

I'm delighted with Allardyce, he virtually guarantees you stay up in the Premier League every year. Hughton is a nice bloke but a proven failure at Prem level.

Of course there is a huge gap in the finances. We have spent 4 years in the top league and we have American Investors who are minted.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

All of this in spades. I'd think twice about swapping useless Sami for Fat Sam, let alone CH - his post-match speech to staff, with that utter bedlam going on outside yesterday could't paint a clearer picture of him. The last similarly unofficial vid I saw of FS was him explaining how he could circumvent FA rules for a fat fee.

Don't see Tony looking for any kind of payback soon, so the pot for purchases and wages will be pretty healthy

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Of course we have some dross (as does every club) but our starting X1 is looking pretty formidable now. A few signings in key areas in the summer will make that and the squad a lot stronger.

I'm delighted with Allardyce, he virtually guarantees you stay up in the Premier League every year. Hughton is a nice bloke but a proven failure at Prem level.

Of course there is a huge gap in the finances. We have spent 4 years in the top league and we have American Investors who are minted.

Someone else can deal with your misguided comments about the clubs’ respective finances.

But as for Hughton being a proven failure at Premier League level…how is he? Newcastle were twelfth in the Premier League when Mike Ashley sacked Hughton. Norwich were clear of the drop zone when Delia wielded her spatula and sent Hughton packing. Has any team of Hughton’s ever been relegated from the Premier League?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Based on what?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here