Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players for next season already identified?

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I highly doubt he, he'd probably want at least 100k - how would that make the rest of the players at the club feel?

I think the Club's wage bill will rise automatically with being in the Premier League, and 30K to 100K a week will probably not be unheard of! :eek:

And, I'm sure players who've recently signed new or improved contracts will have "Promotion" increases in their contracts, and their wages will rise pretty significantly due to the aforementioned promotion!

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Probably fixtures but I can't be bothered to check every thread.

An interesting paragraph from the Guardian:

"Lists have already been drawn up for potential new recruits at Brighton, players who will fit in with the style and swagger established by Hughton over the last few years. Theirs will be the Bournemouth and Burnley approach, but it has not done either of those clubs any harm. Brighton, a club who have faced up to liquidation and prevailed, can relish a very different kind of challenge ahead."

I'm not surprised the club has been doing their homework - or do they mean the lists we've drawn up on the club's behalf? :drool:

I've heard on the grape vine we are after Calleri. Keep it under your hat please.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I think the planning started well before today

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

It did, as another poster pointed out, PB openly said a whille ago that two budgets were drawn up, implicitly saying that work had already started on the what if of promotion,

We shall have six weeks' head start over the PO winner, and this is not a major international championship year in the summer, so hopefully there might be more early transfer action.

Guess the first priorities are to resolve Stephens and Stockdale one way or another.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Yep, Defoe has been on my mind too. Would be perfect.

Trouble is his wage demands might be more than TB will take on. Listen to LR on Seagulls Player and you realise how important the togetherness is for this group of players. CH/TB will have to make some tough calls to make changes to this group but they must do so as this squad will not stay up. However I think a big ticket player with a wallet to match might be more than they would wish to gamble on.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Tammy Abraham on loan, to continue his football scholarship up another level has been mooted I believe, but this may just be wishful thinking. I think he would be a great addition, has a great attitude & desire to progress so I for one would like this young man to continue his growth alongside ours.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Tammy Abraham on loan, to continue his football scholarship up another level has been mooted I believe, but this may just be wishful thinking. I think he would be a great addition, has a great attitude & desire to progress so I for one would like this young man to continue his growth alongside ours.

Well, on the 29th of this month we should be able to have a real close-up look at him! :wink:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I think the Club's wage bill will rise automatically with being in the Premier League, and 30K to 100K a week will probably not be unheard of! :eek:

And, I'm sure players who've recently signed new or improved contracts will have "Promotion" increases in their contracts, and their wages will rise pretty significantly due to the aforementioned promotion!

You think that we currently have players on 30k a week, and that some of these players will be going up to 100k a week next season?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
You think that we currently have players on 30k a week, and that some of these players will be going up to 100k a week next season?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

No, I think that could be the range of wages that we will have at the club next season though. Depending who we add, etc. :wink:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
No, I think that could be the range of wages that we will have at the club next season though. Depending who we add, etc. :wink:

I think some of our current batch are on 20 and that'll probably go up to 30. I'd be surprised if we paid much over 50k a week on new blood. I'd be slightly worried if we started paying out 100k a week to anyone. Sky money or not.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
http://https://www.globalsportssalaries.com/GSSS%202016.pdf

Page 14 gives an insight. The average weekly wage for the clubs in Brighton's sphere is say £22k to £40k per week.

20 players on £30k a week would cost the club £36m a year (including employers NI). Stars comimg in might demand more, but not all of our existing players would expect a 400% pay rise over their current wages!

Crikey, no wonder they're celebrating at this moment down West Street :drink::drink:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Current (2015-16) wage bill = £27 m (before bonuses) with say a 40% increases = £38 m. Plus position in the League bonuses. It would still be £20 m less than typical.

29%u00252BChelsea%u00252BWages%u00252BLeague%u00252B2016.jpg

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
C8twxExXsAAs7WD.jpg

Watford increased their wage bill from £21 m to £58 m.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here