Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom looks a broken man

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Eh?

We've finished 10th, 4th, 6th, 20th and 3rd.

cant we strike out last season? Hyppia was a mistake after Garcia unexpectedly quit, all round miscalulations on the plan.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Just make it a firm ££ limit on spending.

Why? Clubs have never done that before and it doesn't exist for other industries so why football?

All that will happen is that clubs will use smart arse lawyers and accountants to circumnavigate the rules.........as they do already with the existing FFP rules.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
If we keep our manager and most of our players, add a couple more and go again. I will be a very happy fan. I feel shit for the players, manager and Tony Bloom and everyone else connected with the club. I don't feel sorry for myself, this was one of the best seasons I have had as a Brighton fan. I really can't thank Tony enough I would not want to trade him for any other Chairman in the world.He is one of us.

HoveSaint

Nov 19, 2011
Why? Clubs have never done that before and it doesn't exist for other industries so why football?

All that will happen is that clubs will use smart arse lawyers and accountants to circumnavigate the rules.........as they do already with the existing FFP rules.

They have it in the NFL. And they have the draft whereby the club which finishes bottom gets first pick of the next intake of college players. Ok, so their's is a system with no promo/rele but if they can level the playing field in the mother of all capitalist and litigious countries why can't we? Honestly, it can't be said enough, but Leicester winning the prem on a comparative shoestring budget is the best thing for English football since the invention of the half-time orange. I bet more than one 'big club' chairman/owner has been tearing strips off his chief scout in recent days!!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No wonder he looks down - that was probably the last chance of getting to the prem without having to fight against relegated clubs with parachute millions from the prem. Qpr Fulham will be bad enough but Norwich Newcastle and Villa are going to have a head start on us with all that cash - We are already losing money so now Bloom has to inject about £30m to even start to match what they are given

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't all the additional bounty start during next season ?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
They have it in the NFL. And they have the draft whereby the club which finishes bottom gets first pick of the next intake of college players. Ok, so their's is a system with no promo/rele but if they can level the playing field in the mother of all capitalist and litigious countries why can't we? Honestly, it can't be said enough, but Leicester winning the prem on a comparative shoestring budget is the best thing for English football since the invention of the half-time orange. I bet more than one 'big club' chairman/owner has been tearing strips off his chief scout in recent days!!

They have a draft but also have nowhere else to go.

Try it here and end up with a similar system to Rugby Union where the best players bugger off to France and take the cash.

HoveSaint

Nov 19, 2011
Doesn't all the additional bounty start during next season ?

Yes, clubs now in the Prem (including Boro, Burnley and Hull/Wednesday) will be getting about £1.6 billion between them per year for the next 5 years. Some is dependent on number of games actually on TV but the base amount each club gets is basically doubling, I believe. Starting from now so Newcattle/Norwich/Villa will not get it

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yes, clubs now in the Prem (including Boro, Burnley and Hull/Wednesday) will be getting about £1.6 billion between them per year for the next 5 years. Some is dependent on number of games actually on TV but the base amount each club gets is basically doubling, I believe. Starting from now so Newcattle/Norwich/Villa will not get it

So it looks like it's 'as you were' for another season. Small mercies.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
If big offers come in for Knockaert, Dunk etc it will be tough to turn down for both the player and Bloom

If TB wants us to get to the Prem then he needs to stand firm and refuse ANY offers for our best players who are under contract. It will only cost us more money to try to replace them and money can't buy the team spirit this squad have.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Maybe Tony is out of cash and the 10 miilion he lost this season was his last roll of the dice ? ??? ???

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Not that broken - he has been into the dressing room and thanked every player for their efforts in a fantastic season.

CH very upbeat about next season and just wants his players to learn from this and come back stronger next year. And the best thing about his interview was....... he did not mention ceilings.
If ever again we have a manager who disrespects the albion enough to mention 'ceilings' I'll personally punch his face through one.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
mfw we were only expecting mid-table mediocrity this season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here