Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luck....... It evens out over a season.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Indeed there is, but if I had one chance with Scarlett I'd want to be constantly reminded that it really was her, and preferably not wincing.

Fair point, well made, but I am quite fond of a pretty 'ooooh, that smarts a bit' face' mid-action.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
The current swing is that we've been ****ed over by a ref that hates us, we've been ****ed over by a scouts ref that loves the limelight. And we've been ****ed over by injures that were out of the blue. We're doomed to a life in the 2nd division. It's never going to happen.

:lolol: reminder to self, drunk posting is never good

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
You could say bad luck,but to me I think the players are just knackered after playing 3 huge games in quick succession.
We had an injury crisis in the middle of the season and unfortunately right when it matters.

ipad1977

Sep 28, 2015
Fair point, well made, but I am quite fond of a pretty 'ooooh, that smarts a bit' face' mid-action.

Make sure there's a mirror in front of the lovely Scarlet. There you go, success on both counts.

Regarding injuries it seems no coincidence that the team with the spawny record for them won the league...

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
You could say bad luck,but to me I think the players are just knackered after playing 3 huge games in quick succession.
We had an injury crisis in the middle of the season and unfortunately right when it matters.

Rosenior's reaction at the end last night was terrific. His chin up gestures to the crowd were what was needed. He will make sure chins stay up in the dressing room - (future captain?)

We're in a crisis, but we can navigate this.

You're dead right about 3 huge games. Now, I think the pressure is off. The players can go out and attack.

Sent from my iPhone using blancmange

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Indeed there is, but if I had one chance with Scarlett I'd want to be constantly reminded that it really was her, and preferably not wincing.

For Christ's sake, just double team her! Then you are both happy. We need to stick together at times like this.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Rosenior's reaction at the end last night was terrific. His chin up gestures to the crowd were what was needed. He will make sure chins stay up in the dressing room - (future captain?)

Sent from my iPhone using blancmange

Rossenior is already in my top 10 favourite Albion players of all time, not bad in just one season. Legend.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I don't think we have had more than our share of injuries. We just had a series of injuries to defenders in early December that had a big role in a bad run -and then there was tonight! VERY bad luck!
2 central defenders, 2 left backs, 2 wingers and a striker all at the same time. All for several weeks, if not months, and 2 of them still out. Add to that BZ (probably not that surprising I know), and I would say that's an above average return.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Does it ****!

I seem to remember a thread at the beginning of the season ( after Bolton possibly?). Where someone said they were going to track "luck" for and against us throughout the season.. I'd be interested to know what the current swing is.

Anyone remember this or am I misremembering?

if there is such a thing as footballing Gods, it must be an unholy trinity. I'm sure one of them is a palace fan, and maybe the others are related to Bellotti and Archer.... they must be having a right laugh.

its either that or the worst period of bad luck i have ever seen in 40 years as an Albion fan

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
For Christ's sake, just double team her! Then you are both happy. We need to stick together at times like this.
As my mum will tell you, I've never been very good at sharing.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Make sure there's a mirror in front of the lovely Scarlet. There you go, success on both counts.

Regarding injuries it seems no coincidence that the team with the spawny record for them won the league...

was this down to fitness , training....bit of a call to put injuries down to luck...!!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
IF luck evens out then we will see it do so on Monday.

If it doesn't even out then we won't.

Simple as that.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I love this forum. A thread that's ostensibly about our bad luck with decisions and injuries has veered into discussing the merits and techniques of taking Scarlett Johansson up the council. Which is a much more worthy discussion actually imo.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
How many times this season have we played poorly and got a result? A large chunk of our undefeated streak was earned this way. So often in that run we heard someone say post-match "winning when not playing well is the sign of a good team". It could therefore be argued our luck has been evened out.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
This topic is worthless without ....

I love this forum. A thread that's ostensibly about our bad luck with decisions and injuries has veered into discussing the merits and techniques of taking Scarlett Johansson up the council. Which is a much more worthy discussion actually imo.

desktop-1436306271.jpg
6a00d8341bfa1853ef01a511598ac7970c-300wi

Decisions .... decisions

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How many times this season have we played poorly and got a result? A large chunk of our undefeated streak was earned this way. So often in that run we heard someone say post-match "winning when not playing well is the sign of a good team". It could therefore be argued our luck has been evened out.

Early season, during that long unbeaten run, I think we were often very lucky, I agree.

The barrel full of bad luck we have had in the last couple of games is on another level though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here