Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley .... like being in a third world country

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
All parties involved were from London. Nothing to with Crawley apart from that's where they left the car. Blimey I could goo into detail about some of the incidents recently in Eastbounre but I won't stoop that low

No please let me know?
I've lived in Eastbourne 3 years with no problems, just a burnt down pier and school recent problems. Eastbourne not where I'm from but I would never in my life consider moving to Crawley

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Horsham town centre is very poor. It has one nice part where there is some lovely restaurants and bars but apart from that it is not great. I went on a stag do recently and we met at a wetherspoons pub by Sainsburys at 10am. There were 30 or 40 people already in there drinking shorts and beer. They looked a horrible group of people. My point being all towns nice and not so nice have bad areas and good areas. Look at some of the outskirts of Brighton. I wouldn't walk there in the dark through fear of attack

Hello, they were day trippers from Crawley.

Seriously tho, Horsham Wetherspoons is the worst I have ever been in.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
The White Hart and environs?

http://www.ilivehere.co.uk/reigate-surrey.html

"Reigate, jewel in the crown of the Surrey Hills market towns, has at last succumbed to the tidal wave of Chavity sweeping our nation. She tried for so long to fend off advances from neighbouring Redhill and Woodhatch (hotbeds of pikiness), but the virus has found a breeding ground in the White Hart (Church Street)."

Blooming hell! Reigate must be one of the safest, softest and most beautiful towns in the home counties!

The white hart closed about 10 years ago and whilst it was a bit chavvy you could never describe it as rough. Woodhatch was rough 20 years ago but is now a fairly nice.

Redhill, althouh in the same conurbation, is a separate town and might as be in another world. Much like Crawley it has some lovely residential areas it has a truly awful and neglected centre.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Back to the point. I wonder how many people comparing Crawley with a third world country have actually been to one for any length of time? I bet [MENTION=144]goldstone[/MENTION] hasn't.

I think five months living in Almaty, Kazakhstan qualifies, plus lengthy visits to Dhaka, Kathmandu, Bombay and Colombo.

Also, who exactly is [MENTION=144]goldstone[/MENTION]? No @ in my NSC name, thank you.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Proud and pleased to live in Crawley.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think five months living in Almaty, Kazakhstan qualifies, plus lengthy visits to Dhaka, Kathmandu, Bombay and Colombo.

Did you walk round with your eyes closed?

Dhaka
1 a dhaka.jpg

Crawley
1 a crawley.jpg

Also, who exactly is [MENTION=144]goldstone[/MENTION]? No @ in my NSC name, thank you.

It's how you mention another user to bring their attention to a post you cretin.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yep [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION]. Oh, and Crawley even has a Go Ape in Tilgate Park. Brilliant for teenagers and adults. :)

And a footgolf!

I am not a massive Crawley fan, even though I recently moved here for work reasons.

However, its really no worse than areas in Brighton.

There are a lot of foreigners in the town, but that is because half of them work for the airlines.... unsurprisingly

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
What a crap thread. 70% of Crawley is very nice. The town centre is ok. Not the best but certainly not the worst. Have you looked at haywards Heath. Burgess hill Newhaven seafood or most of Brighton recently all have dire areas and non English people. I live 100m fromTilgate park and I would put that as one to the most beautiful parts of our county and wouldn't move if given the choice.
This thread is a load of boll ocks

Love Tilgate park/forest took the children /grandchildren their many times over the years,such a shame the pub closed when it did and been left to rot which is now a eye sore,what plan's have they for it if any?.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
The Red Cross is full of soppy VI formers! I rarely go in the Bulls Head. When mentioning dodgy Reigate pubs, the Angel at Woodhatch is surely the worst as that is where the pikeys go when they rock up in their caravans.

And the main problem with JJ Whispers is not that it is threatening, it's that it is shite. :thumbsup:

I think the Angel is closed yet again - there seemed to be some movement there a few months ago but I think it's closed again now.

Red Side Of Sussex

Jul 25, 2009
It seems those defending Crawley are the ones who live there. It really is a tip.

I'm currently workin in Broadfield and its horrendous.I was working in Moulscoomb last week and Broafield makes that place look like Henley on Thames.Oh,yeah,my family on my mums side are all from Moulscoomb.Moved toCrawley in early sixties.

I'll be honest, almost all areas are grotty as hell,we have a few nice areas like Worth and pockets here and there,but honestly just drive round the towns neighbourhoods and you can see how crap they are.*
I'll still live here though,hopefully won't die here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here