Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Can somebody please advise how more than one public vote on brexit is viewed as undemocratic, yet we base our democracy on voting in a general election every five years?

Surely logic allows for us to change our minds and get to vote the other way, if the government can't deliver what was promised in the manifesto?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Oh they're absolutely thick as mince. I gave up round about 3 months after the referendum result. I went through a stage of calling them a variety of names before finally deciding to give up and just ignore them.

Every last one of them........

View attachment 103912
Blimey! That certainly is an extensive list! I only have 4/5 of the worst down on my list but that cuts 25% of the posts on this thread out. Dumping DR, 2P and JCFG was so enlightening.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Oh they're absolutely thick as mince. I gave up round about 3 months after the referendum result. I went through a stage of calling them a variety of names before finally deciding to give up and just ignore them.

View attachment 103912

I would love to see a similar screen shot of HW’sT ignore list, can somone ask him to post it up for me?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
How would a vote for Remain, via a (second) democratic referendum, be in any way 'via the backdoor'?

Argue all you like about the 'will of the people', and all that. Argue against holding a second referendum - valid. But to suggest that a vote for Remain in a second free vote is somehow deceitful is stupid. As has been asked around 400 times on this thread already - How can a free public vote be 'undemocratic'?

As has been explained equally as much we have already had a democratic people's vote.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Blimey! That certainly is an extensive list! I only have 4/5 of the worst down on my list but that cuts 25% of the posts on this thread out. Dumping DR, 2P and JCFG was so enlightening.

He's clearly a man who doesn't do debate.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
As has been explained equally as much we have already had a democratic people's vote.

2nd referendums have been required many times in other countries on EU issues. It’s not uncommon.

I’m on the fence about it, but 2 years ago we didn’t know or understand what Brexit would be. The Tories then won an election telling us what their Brexit would look like but barely scrapped through, and we know many Leave voters voted for Labour’s version of a customs union and access to the single market. Not sure we can just leave any which way if this can’t be resolved through Parliament.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
2nd referendums have been required many times in other countries on EU issues. It’s not uncommon.

I’m on the fence about it, but 2 years ago we didn’t know or understand what Brexit would be. The Tories then won an election telling us what their Brexit would look like but barely scrapped through, and we know many Leave voters voted for Labour’s version of a customs union and access to the single market. Not sure we can just leave any which way if this can’t be resolved through Parliament.

Yes,you're absolutely correct about other nations having another vote on eu issues. This is because like this result the ruling elite probably didn't like the result and wanted it changed?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Talking of which please explain why you think I'm a loser in life?

Maybe because you have no understanding of what you want :shrug:

So, as a supporter of 'no deal', what do you think we should do about the objections raised on our WTO schedule submissions ?

or are you clearly a man who doesn't do debate ???

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I would love to see a similar screen shot of HW’sT ignore list, can somone ask him to post it up for me?
He posted it a couple of days ago, however, the attachments is still uploading!

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Can somebody please advise how more than one public vote on brexit is viewed as undemocratic, yet we base our democracy on voting in a general election every five years?

Surely logic allows for us to change our minds and get to vote the other way, if the government can't deliver what was promised in the manifesto?

We don't need to go through another public vote, any Act of Parliament giving effect to a referendum result could be reversed by a subsequent Act of Parliament.

It is clear from the appointment of Theresa May (remainer) to the subsequent snap GE which was a cluster **** for the Tories this whole affair has been sabotaged form start to finish.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It is clear from the appointment of Theresa May (remainer) to the subsequent snap GE which was a cluster **** for the Tories this whole affair has been sabotaged form start to finish.

Of course it would have been so much better with Boris in charge.

And the only people I have seen who've sabotaged Brexit has been the ERG in the last week :lolol:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

View attachment 103912

The use of the ignore list shows such an arrogance as it shows the user has an inability to listen to and consider other opinions. It's akin to sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting 'lalala' just like six year olds do. It says more about the user then those on it. And yes I know you won't read this as I'm on your rather ridiculous list.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
The use of the ignore list shows such an arrogance as it shows the user has an inability to listen to and consider other opinions. It's akin to sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting 'lalala' just like six year olds do. It says more about the user then those on it. And yes I know you won't read this as I'm on your rather ridiculous list.

I don't seem to be on his list, I'm devastated. :cry:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I bet you are ! I wear it as a badge of honour that on I'm his and Harry Wilson's Tackle's lists ..... shows my arguments have them beaten and they're admitting defeat :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here