Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "West Brom cup game - waiting for the upper tiers" thread *** all areas open! ***

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
While I'm normally in WSU, may be bringing a few people whose knees/hips can't really handle the quantity of stairs comfortably any more, so will be sitting somewhere in the lower tier. Not sure where yet though.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Fantastic pricing given the included travel. I'd be astonished if we don't come close to selling out so I'm unsure why the club are being reserved in initially holding back the upper tiers

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
We saw Iron Maiden at the O2 in the upper seats and also commented at how it was like watching on TV - literally zero atmosphere up there except one fan that was in the zone!

Can I presume that you've never been to the O2 before? The upper tier seats are appalling and never mind the poor view you need grappling irons to climb the stairs. I was at the Maiden gig in August and lower tiers from midway are great view and comfortable for old gits like me who no longer like the bundle of the floor.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Question. If they do open the upper tiers, do STH holders for those areas get first dibs on their own seats, or are they all on general sale as soon as they open?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Question. If they do open the upper tiers, do STH holders for those areas get first dibs on their own seats, or are they all on general sale as soon as they open?

No is the simple answer. If you look in the thread someone has mentioned that as a regular North stander the felt they should have first dibs.

I am WSU and will just bide my time and then get on the phone or web pronto to try and bag my normal seat.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Can I presume that you've never been to the O2 before? The upper tier seats are appalling and never mind the poor view you need grappling irons to climb the stairs. I was at the Maiden gig in August and lower tiers from midway are great view and comfortable for old gits like me who no longer like the bundle of the floor.

Went to a gig there and was literally in the highest row of seats possible up in the heavens. Someone else came and sat down, obviously got vertigo and literally crawled down the stairs backwards and went away never to return for the rest of the concert.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Went to a gig there and was literally in the highest row of seats possible up in the heavens. Someone else came and sat down, obviously got vertigo and literally crawled down the stairs backwards and went away never to return for the rest of the concert.

To be fair to the O2 when you purchase those ' nosebleed' seats there is a warning. Can really understand some people being uncomfortable with TLD the steep rake of those seats.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
No is the simple answer. If you look in the thread someone has mentioned that as a regular North stander the felt they should have first dibs.

I am WSU and will just bide my time and then get on the phone or web pronto to try and bag my normal seat.

That sucks to be honest. I'd like to be in my usual seat but have to wait to see if the upper tiers open, and if they do, there is no guarantee I will still be able to get it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That sucks to be honest. I'd like to be in my usual seat but have to wait to see if the upper tiers open, and if they do, there is no guarantee I will still be able to get it.

I think the "free for all" approach is the best one, as it allows people to bring along friends and family that might not be STHs and they can all sit together.

If you do bide your time for an upper tier, there is every chance you will be able to get your own seat as 18,000 other Albion fans (at a guess) will have already picked up tickets in order for upper tiers to be opened.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It really doesn’t matter that much where you sit - just make sure you’re there and we get a good attendance and support the lads!

But yes, I expect the upper tiers will open up.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I think the "free for all" approach is the best one, as it allows people to bring along friends and family that might not be STHs and they can all sit together.

If you do bide your time for an upper tier, there is every chance you will be able to get your own seat as 18,000 other Albion fans (at a guess) will have already picked up tickets in order for upper tiers to be opened.

Yes, I can see the advantage of this, as you state, and you could argue that it would be good for this to happen -who knows; the fan coming for the first time could be hooked for life as we all were at some stage. But there is an element or risk -if enough upper tierers wait, the club might decide on looking at the figures, that it is not worth opening up the rest of the stadium, as the lower tiers are not filled. Didn't happen last year against Coventry, admittedly, but who knows? Just such a shame that Russian Roulette is seemingly necessary.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
It really doesn’t matter that much where you sit - just make sure you’re there and we get a good attendance and support the lads!

But yes, I expect the upper tiers will open up.

Yes, I am with you there -when the window for STHs opens up, I will choose another part of the ground and not be too bothered, but should I have to do this? And I feel for those who don't want to give up on their usual seat and have to watch anxiously for several days.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I’m looking forward to sitting elsewhere, I see it as a rare sortie away from my usual standpoint.

Given my seat is the back row of the NS I’m confident no one will be SAT in it either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
They should open them now like last time. Silly. But fun for us.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
If spend on an individual game drops like retail spend in shops over the past year then both upper tiers prob won't be needed. Or does watching Albion buck the trend ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here