Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Spurs 3 - 0 Real Madrid

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
More of a case that Real Madrid are pretty crap now. Their superior tag is starting to fade when teams like Man City and PSG are buying all the players Real Madrid would've been buying 5/6 years ago. Girona just beat them 1-0 on the weekend though it was a massive shock.

Spanish football is starting to drop in standard. Athletico Madrid drew at home to Qarabag FK yesterday whilst Barcelona drew away to Olympiakos 0-0. It can't help that they play in a league where all the teams from 7th position downwards would all get beaten by our bottom end Championship teams.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
More of a case that Real Madrid are pretty crap now. Their superior tag is starting to fade when teams like Man City and PSG are buying all the players Real Madrid would've been buying 5/6 years ago. Girona just beat them 1-0 on the weekend though it was a massive shock.

Spanish football is starting to drop in standard. Athletico Madrid drew at home to Qarabag FK yesterday whilst Barcelona drew away to Olympiakos 0-0. It can't help that they play in a league where all the teams from 7th position downwards would all get beaten by our bottom end Championship teams.

Tuned in to this thread to see if there was a comment like this one. Not disappointed. Deluded.

Impressive result for Spurs.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
A worryguts like me just fears that Pochittino may be offered the job at Real and swan off to the Bernabeu (sp?)

If so would they want Hughton? Given his long career there , new stadium and all, could he refuse?
Tell me not to think ahead !

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
They were great last night.

Memo to Wenger, Conti etc. You don't have to go off spending £30m plus on average foreign players. Kane, Winks, Alli and Trippier must be the hottest prospects in the Premier League at the moment.

England youth teams are looking good - so can the clubs please give them a chance? Surely this result proves something?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They were great last night.

Memo to Wenger, Conti etc. You don't have to go off spending £30m plus on average foreign players. Kane, Winks, Alli and Trippier must be the hottest prospects in the Premier League at the moment.

England youth teams are looking good - so can the clubs please give them a chance? Surely this result proves something?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It could just prove Real are comparatively shitehouse.

Play the team not the reputation.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bit negative.

They might have been, but it’s nice to give young English player some credit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Real are a fairly distant THIRD in La Liga.
They have already had a couple of loses, they've been very hot and cold recently, they 'only' have a +10 G/D, with a few odd goal victories, having lost to Giona at the weekend.

I'm sure there was liquid football all over the park, from Spurs, a team of great young English talent, which is fantastic.

I'm just saying one result v an out of sorts Madrid doesn't change much, esp where perennial choking dogs Spurs who can easily lose v palace at the weekend, are concerned.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
We've beaten Champions League cup winners before! :D

Liverpool and Nottingham Forest. Aston Villa. All in the seasons they won it. (Maybe not Villa).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Spurs play those lovely little passing triangular moves which is great to watch. Absolutely superb in fact but can they break down an 11 man defence which will greet them when Brighton arrive at their place. That is the question

Yes, that is indeed a question. Sadly, the answer is probably yes. I'd love to be surprised and proved wrong.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Slightly worried that after that result they will see Palace as 'easy' and get caught out.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Girona just beat them 1-0 on the weekend though it was a massive shock.

It can't help that they play in a league where all the teams from 7th position downwards would all get beaten by our bottom end Championship teams.

Just wanted to point out that you made both of these statements in the same post.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Madrid had more possession, more shots, more shots on target etc. Were they really not very good? (I didn't watch it)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Spurs were an absolute joy to watch last night. I was flicking between that game and the City game where for large parts City were utterly dominant and Raheem Sterling and Mane both looked an absolute class apart. You look at players like Alli, Kane and Sterling on nights like that and wonder why the hell we can't be competitive at international level. We really ought to be.

Oh and [MENTION=30847]Megazone[/MENTION], it was actually 2-1 Girona at the weekend - Real Madrid blew an early lead

Madrid had more possession, more shots, more shots on target etc. Were they really not very good? (I didn't watch it)
When they lost the ball, they looked very vulnerable. I think Spurs attacked at a pace that Real Madrid would rarely have had to cope with domestically.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You look at players like Alli, Kane and Sterling on nights like that and wonder why the hell we can't be competitive at international level. We really ought to be.
Maybe it would help if we had a decent manager.

Anyway, I thought the consensus on here was that Sterling was shit?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here