@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] himself, on this very board, told us that there was a sell-on clause, and a couple of weeks later [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] posted that he thought it was 15% or 20%

I'm certain that there is, but also fairly certain that it is not as high as 20%. 10% I believe, possibly 15%. However, that % of course ONLY relates to any portion of the fee ABOVE the price they paid us. Ergo, if we sold him for £10m, and they sell him on for £11m, our 10%sell-on bonus equates to £100k, not £1.1m. I doubt the club are budgeting to receive anything, if he goes back to Spain - highly unlikely that Alaves (or Almeria) would be paying that kind of money.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I'm certain that there is, but also fairly certain that it is not as high as 20%. 10% I believe, possibly 15%. However, that % of course ONLY relates to any portion of the fee ABOVE the price they paid us. Ergo, if we sold him for £10m, and they sell him on for £11m, our 10%sell-on bonus equates to £100k, not £1.1m. I doubt the club are budgeting to receive anything, if he goes back to Spain - highly unlikely that Alaves (or Almeria) would be paying that kind of money.

Indeed.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007

Almeria definitely wouldn't, Alaves you would also think not but La Liga also has a generous TV deal this season so it's more likely than previous. When I read Almeria the other day I thought it must be false and maybe they are trying to engineer a move.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Difficult one for Ulloa. Contract of £40k a week for the next 18 months, £3.5m in total. He has done every well for himself including a Prem Champions medal. His choice is take a big drop in wages, sit his contract out collecting his winnings or get loaned out to another club with Leicester subsidising his wages. As far as a career goes it has worked out well for him but I wouldn't sacrifice the money for playing time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Leicester Mercury reports that Leicester City may offer Leo Ulloa a new contract in a bid to keep the Argentine striker at the club.

Talks between City and Ulloa's representatives are continuing with clubs in Spain, Turkey, China and England all interested in the 30-year-old but La Liga side Alaves are the only club believed to have submitted a bid.

Ulloa is thought to be frustrated not only with his lack of football but also to be among the title winners to not receive an improved deal.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I think Murray is better than Ulloa but it's pretty close. We could use Ulloa's head though and he adds something different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

I had a dream 2 nights ago, Ulloa was in it..........am I on to something.:shrug:

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
Ulloa is much better than Hemed for me. Leo puts himself about and let's defenders know they are in a game. Ulloa had to lead the line on his own more often than not and had very little in support from a fellow striker. Leo with Baldock alongside him and our current wingers would score 25 goals a season IMO.
Except at Penalties.....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Is this a near enough 'fact' of all sell on clauses or do you just know it's the case on this one? Are there 2 different types? Reason I ask is I'd never hear this until now/recently as I always assumed a sell on clause was of the gross fee.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
man-suffering-burn-out-sitting-his-desk-his-tablet-pc-his-head-bowed-hands-running-his-hair-3158.jpg

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Is this a near enough 'fact' of all sell on clauses or do you just know it's the case on this one? Are there 2 different types? Reason I ask is I'd never hear this until now/recently as I always assumed a sell on clause was of the gross fee.

Whilst, in theory, two clubs can agree whatever terms they like in a deal, I'm pretty sure the standard practice is for the sell-on to apply to the profit only that the original buying club has made. I seem to remember that Insider on Ask The Club had given an answer to this effect a number of years ago, possibly in relation to the sale of Leon Knight.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Whilst, in theory, two clubs can agree whatever terms they like in a deal, I'm pretty sure the standard practice is for the sell-on to apply to the profit only that the original buying club has made. I seem to remember that Insider on Ask The Club had given an answer to this effect a number of years ago, possibly in relation to the sale of Leon Knight.

Even earlier, it was discussed when Bobby Zamora went to Tottenham. We got nothing when he went to West Ham as he was exchanged with another player.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Thanks bud - Learn something new every day :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here