Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MODS - Time for NSC to rejoice in how GREAT they are.

MODS - time for NSC to decide

• Yes they can do whatever they want

Votes: 61 50.8%
  • No they should explain why they did something

Votes: 59 49.2%

• Total voters

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
image.jpg

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I don't know you....all i do know is that your Modding is shall we say questionable/dodgy.....and you now seem to be playing the happy chappy.
Merry Christmas.

It's questionable / dodgy in your opinion, if you were a Moderator on here you may just have a differant opinion after a while.

I am (by my own choice) what I call a "high profile" moderator, I tend to deal with many things making me more seen and known to others watching, clearly when i deal with a situation some maybe many will not agree with what I have done, I have to accept that, in fairness to myself when i realise i have made a mistake I will and have done, publicly apologise and undo / put right whatever it maybe, also i am very transparent about what i do, this does give the impression that I am being bolshy, arrogant etc about being a mod, those that know me in real life know this is not the case and I certainly have never hidden behind the keyboard, i have met with many on here, many who I have either banned or given infractions to, I have always ended up getting on with all / everyone and indeed making many friends via NSC.

As for me being a happy chappie, I always am to be fair, I would like to think that over the years many will underline the help and assitance I have given people on here, I don't log onto NSC and think............right...who can i ban now!! :lol: (some will not agree with that I will await the comments!! :lol: )

If I do say it myself, I do dedicate a lot of time to NSC, why? because its a great forum, in my opinion THE BEST! and i really enjoy it. and i will help anyone on here even if I don't agree with there opinions, again there are quite a few who would have to back me up on that.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It's questionable / dodgy in your opinion, if you were a Moderator on here you may just have a differant opinion after a while.

I am (by my own choice) what I call a "high profile" moderator, I tend to deal with many things making me more seen and known to others watching, clearly when i deal with a situation some maybe many will not agree with what I have done, I have to accept that, in fairness to myself when i realise i have made a mistake I will and have done, publicly apologise and undo / put right whatever it maybe, also i am very transparent about what i do, this does give the impression that I am being bolshy, arrogant etc about being a mod, those that know me in real life know this is not the case and I certainly have never hidden behind the keyboard, i have met with many on here, many who I have either banned or given infractions to, I have always ended up getting on with all / everyone and indeed making many friends via NSC.

As for me being a happy chappie, I always am to be fair, I would like to think that over the years many will underline the help and assitance I have given people on here, I don't log onto NSC and think............right...who can i ban now!! :lol: (some will not agree with that I will await the comments!! :lol: )

If I do say it myself, I do dedicate a lot of time to NSC, why? because its a great forum, in my opinion THE BEST! and i really enjoy it. and i will help anyone on here even if I don't agree with there opinions, again there are quite a few who would have to back me up on that.

All god jokes aside,i find this post to be spot on really,like policing out on the streets so to speak-a fair post imho-NSC is exceptional as a forum..

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I would be very happy for [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] to do whatever he wanted to me, wherever he wanted, whenever he wanted.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Nice CV. You've got the job.
As well you know, it was on the Rolf Harris/Elm Guest house thread, that i objected to. Not just completely editing my post, but adding to one of my posts, not quoting or replying to it.
You stated quote on my post:

I merely replied to a poster, did not state what the local MP was involved or not involved in, just that his name appeared on the list and that he was an MP for a Worthing constituency. If the mods want to remove a name that has been put up, but no accusations or theories included, then fair enough.

MOD EDIT: Yeah but your not the one who kops for all the shit if it all goes wrong are you? think before you type please!

Oh sorry, as I edited your post I guess i had best say who i am.........no on second thoughts....guess who?

Then another Mod stated in reply to Martyn20 asking for my post "Must be Removed"
Quote:
"I do actually buy Soulman's argument here. All he has said is that an individual's name is on the guest list of a party, with no further accusations of any type. In my opinion, that is not libellous. If specific accusations were mentioned or even alluded to, it would be sufficiently dangerous for me to delete the comment.

I have no desire to stifle general conversation about a difficult topic. Where I get touchy and will press the delete button is:

1) If someone accuses someone of a specific crime unless and until that individual has been convicted of that crime.
2) If someone posts a link to a site that does what I've said in 1)
3) If someone tries to be clever and uses innuendo/allusion to infer a specific person, but it's perfectly obvious that the description can only be 1 person
4) If someone thinks that putting "allegedly" before or after an allegation of criminality protects them or NSC from a libel writ - it doesn't.

So we then were assured that it was against "Forum Rules"
Another Mod put up the rules
Quote: "Although the administrators and moderators of North Stand Chat will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this site, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the AUTHOR, and NEITHER the OWNERS of North Stand Chat, NOR vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be HELD RESPONSIBLE for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of North Stand Chat reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason.

So in affect, me putting up a name, not accusing that name of any wrong doing, had the post and name deleted, informed with a "guess who" on my post, when the rules had clearly not been broken.
See pages 35-39 on the Rolf Harris/Elm Guest House thread.

I prefer the CV's of the other Mods, who until recently i had not much idea who they were.

Last edited:

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
As well you know, it was on the Rolf Harris/Elm Guest house thread, that i objected to. Not just completely editing my post, but adding to one of my posts, not quoting or replying to it.

I merely replied to a poster, did not state what the local MP was involved or not involved in, just that his name appeared on the list and that he was an MP for a Worthing constituency. If the mods want to remove a name that has been put up, but no accusations or theories included, then fair enough.

MOD EDIT: Yeah but your not the one who kops for all the shit if it all goes wrong are you? think before you type please!

Oh sorry, as I edited your post I guess i had best say who i am.........no on second thoughts....guess who?

Then another Mod stated in reply to Martyn20 asking for my post "Must be Removed"
Quote:
"I do actually buy Soulman's argument here. All he has said is that an individual's name is on the guest list of a party, with no further accusations of any type. In my opinion, that is not libellous. If specific accusations were mentioned or even alluded to, it would be sufficiently dangerous for me to delete the comment.

I have no desire to stifle general conversation about a difficult topic. Where I get touchy and will press the delete button is:

1) If someone accuses someone of a specific crime unless and until that individual has been convicted of that crime.
3) If someone tries to be clever and uses innuendo/allusion to infer a specific person, but it's perfectly obvious that the description can only be 1 person
4) If someone thinks that putting "allegedly" before or after an allegation of criminality protects them or NSC from a libel writ - it doesn't.

Quote: "Although the administrators and moderators of North Stand Chat will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this site, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the AUTHOR, and NEITHER the OWNERS of North Stand Chat, NOR vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be HELD RESPONSIBLE for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of North Stand Chat reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason.

So in affect, me putting up a name, not accusing that name of any wrong doing, had the post and name deleted, informed with a "guess who" on my post, when the rules had clearly not been broken.

I prefer the CV's of the other Mods, who until recently i had not much idea who they were.

Can I just make a small point the 'other mod' in question realised they were incorrect when it was pointed out to them that the man in question had only a few days ago threatened to sue anyone who publishes his name in connection with the Elm Guest House. That's why I pointed the post out and suggested it should be removed.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)

Quote:

See pages 35-39 on the Rolf Harris/Elm Guest House thread.

Ok.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Can I just make a small point the 'other mod' in question realised they were incorrect when it was pointed out to them that the man in question had only a few days ago threatened to sue anyone who publishes his name in connection with the Elm Guest House. That's why I pointed the post out and suggested it should be removed.

Can i just point out that you stated the board could be closed down. The name has been published by many, and I stated the name, with NO, that's NO accusations of wrong doing and as the "Forum Rules" which you conveniently stated before you had read them, state:
""Although the administrators and moderators of North Stand Chat will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this site, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the AUTHOR, and NEITHER the OWNERS of North Stand Chat, NOR vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be HELD RESPONSIBLE for the content of any message."

So i would assume that i could be sued by proxy eh......capiche

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Can i just point out that you stated the board could be closed down. The name has been published by many, and I stated the name and as the "Forum Rules" which you conveniently stated before you had read them, state:
""Although the administrators and moderators of North Stand Chat will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this site, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the AUTHOR, and NEITHER the OWNERS of North Stand Chat, NOR vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be HELD RESPONSIBLE for the content of any message."

So i would assume that i could be sued by proxy eh......capiche

So you think the post should have been left and the name should have been left. Even though we were all asked to be careful about naming people or posting links to unsubstantiated stories.
All baring in mind that if he did sue it would not effect you in anyway at all, you would not lose anything at all but forgetting all that you think the name should have stayed on the forum?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
So you think the post should have been left and the name should have been left. Even though we were all asked to be careful about naming people or posting links to unsubstantiated stories.
All baring in mind that if he did sue it would not effect you in anyway at all, you would not lose anything at all but forgetting all that you think the name should have stayed on the forum?

Oh for gawds sake. Get it into your skull, if "He did sue", he would not sue the board, firstly NOTHING accusing was said about him, secondly READ the BOARD rules, you know the one you made rules up for (pages 35-39 Rolf thread)
The forum rules AGAIN eh. Explain to me how the board can be sued by the person who's name was put up and with no accusations tendered....explain.
"""Although the administrators and moderators of North Stand Chat will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this site, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the AUTHOR, and NEITHER the OWNERS of North Stand Chat, NOR vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be HELD RESPONSIBLE for the content of any message."

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Oh for gawds sake. Get it into your skull, if "He did sue", he would not sue the board, firstly NOTHING accusing was said about him, secondly READ the BOARD rules, you know the one you made rules up for (pages 35-39 Rolf thread)
The forum rules AGAIN eh. Explain to me how the board can be sued by the person who's name was put up and with no accusations tendered....explain.
"""Although the administrators and moderators of North Stand Chat will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this site, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the AUTHOR, and NEITHER the OWNERS of North Stand Chat, NOR vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be HELD RESPONSIBLE for the content of any message."

You're missing the point. NSC cannot control who sues it. The text you quote in the forum rules is there in the hope that a Judge would take it into consideration when considering who was culpable for any libel that was committed. Just because our rules say that NSC will not be held responsible does NOT mean that a Judge would agree that it cannot.

If a person considers themselves libelled they will sue whoever they think is culpable of libelling them (as well as considering who is likely to have enough money to pay damages if they win). Most times a plaintiff sues the author and the publisher.

It is because we have no ability to control who sues NSC that we don't want users potentially libelling others on the site. There is nothing to stop you setting up your own site if you feel this policy is unduly restrictive.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill

His name being mentioned in a thread titled Elm Guest House is clearly a link, he is not linked to Rolf Harris (the other part of the title) you are clearly linking the two!
I can't be arsed to go round this with you again, I only posted again because the 'other moderator' had updated their comments but you had failed to mention that in your post.
I thought I was doing the right thing earlier, I apologise if others did not agree,

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
You're missing the point. NSC cannot control who sues it. The text you quote in the forum rules is there in the hope that a Judge would take it into consideration when considering who was culpable for any libel that was committed. Just because our rules say that NSC will not be held responsible does NOT mean that a Judge would agree that it cannot.

If a person considers themselves libelled they will sue whoever they think is culpable of libelling them (as well as considering who is likely to have enough money to pay damages if they win). Most times a plaintiff sues the author and the publisher.

It is because we have no ability to control who sues NSC that we don't want users potentially libelling others on the site. There is nothing to stop you setting up your own site if you feel this policy is unduly restrictive.

You know that his name was just mentioned in my post about his constituency and where he lives, you know, because you originally stated, that nothing libelous was said. In fact nothing to do with the thread at all. So you know that the board could not be sued....but then you backtracked when another Mod came in heavy handed.
Fair enough.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
His name being mentioned in a thread titled Elm Guest House is clearly a link, he is not linked to Rolf Harris (the other part of the title) you are clearly linking the two!
I can't be arsed to go round this with you again, I only posted again because the 'other moderator' had updated their comments but you had failed to mention that in your post.
I thought I was doing the right thing earlier, I apologise if others did not agree,

You mean he changed his mind. Ok.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
You know that his name was just mentioned in my post about his constituency and where he lives, you know, because you originally stated, that nothing libelous was said. In fact nothing to do with the thread at all. So you know that the board could not be sued....but then you backtracked when another Mod came in heavy handed.
Fair enough.

That is a total travesty of what happened.

I did not KNOW that NSC could not be sued; my initial judgement was that your initial post was not libellous, which is why I posted what I did, saying that I thought it was ok. I then went out for several hours.

While I was out, another mod had formed a different view to my initial one and had taken down what they saw as the potentially libellous bits.

When I returned, I saw the link to an article that said that the individual had stated that he would sue anyone who linked them to Elm House. As a consequence of seeing this article, I changed my mind and said so in a subsequent post in the thread.

My change of mind, which was and is fully documented on the thread was a result of me seeing information in the article that I was not previously aware of, and not because of the other mod's opinions.

I have no problem with you disagreeing with what happened. I do have a problem with you misrepresenting what I did, when I did it and why I did it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here