Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Good Luck Norther Ireland

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Monumental effort from Norn Iron there. Cracking match.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Bet they feel abit like the republic after terry henry threw the ball into the net.

Great effort though to go out on a penalty given off someone's back by a ref that made mike read look like collina

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
Incredibly sad that Northern Ireland didn't make it, especially after that shocking decision in the first leg, yet a small part of me is at least quite glad that that utter twunt Davis probably won't ever get the opportunity to lead his country out on the greatest stage of them all

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'm listening on 5live, and Norwood is being mentioned a lot. He's very involved.

He wasn't really at the races today..I watched the whole match on sky.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Feel gutted for them, they played really well and to go out to a goal like that must be hard to take.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Lichtensteiner is a nice bloke. Never seen a player sprint at the advertising boards and launch himself over in an effort to get his opponent booked. Might catch on.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Is the co-commentator on sky drunk?

Love that other people have noticed this too. I only tuned in for the last 20 mins, but unless Northern Ireland were playing like Brazil before that, I swear he was watching a different game. He'd make some comment that Switzerland weren't up for it, when they'd had about 3-4 shots on goal in the past couple minutes.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
The state of that pitch for such an important game is an utter disgrace. How gutting must that goal line clearance have been for the fans

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Bet they feel abit like the republic after terry henry threw the ball into the net.

Great effort though to go out on a penalty given off someone's back by a ref that made mike read look like collina

Mike Read? The Mike bit is correct.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Mike Read? The Mike bit is correct.

616edb84cbe16c5bd209d71970e46695b8808b5a.jpg

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Greece were shocking over the two legs (apart from their away goal). I'm glad Croatia are through tonight.

Italy (0) v Sweden (1)

and

Rep. Ireland (0) v Denmark (0) should be better standard teams and second legs on Monday and Tuesday night.

C17BHA

Feb 24, 2009
Gerry Armstrong Is A Plonker

Every bit as bad and biased as he was last Thursday. N.Ireland played better than last week ( not difficult ) but the Swiss could and should have scored about 5 last night. In a way I am glad the Irish didn't get through as it would have meant having to endure several more doses of Armstrong's ridiculously biased commentary from Russia next summer.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The state of that pitch for such an important game is an utter disgrace.

Was surprised by the state of it myself as it is rare to see a pitch like that for an international game.

It is what always strikes me when watching retro football clips; how the pitch looks like my local park. Shows the amazing work groundsmen do these days.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here