Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Markus Suttner

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Thought Suttner was very good against Newcastle, harsh to be dropped the next game against Arsenal.
Looked comfortable and confident this afternoon.

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
Typical German player who just gets on with his job, no heroics or stand out play
A great team player in my opinion and an astute buy

Except he’s not german.

I do spend a lot of time in Austrian boozers though- and despite my limited german language skills, the one thing I do discuss with the locals is football. They speak very highly of suttner and are disappointed he retired from international footy. They said we had a bargain. After a couple of games I had doubts but he’s coming good. Especially as solly doesn’t leave him exposed .

Am still surprised that Suttner doesn’t join in the forward raids a bit more. I think I’d prefer Bong for that reason at the mo

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
I thought he was okay did nt make any mistakes I prefer bong just think he offers a bit more going forward.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I thought he was fine but I think Bong should feel very hard done by at losing his place, I don't see much difference between them and Bong seems to have a little more swagger about him

Really? Bong lost Iwobi completely in the game vs Arsenal, Suttner was very assured yesterday and probably one of our best players.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Except he’s not german.

I do spend a lot of time in Austrian boozers though- and despite my limited german language skills, the one thing I do discuss with the locals is football. They speak very highly of suttner and are disappointed he retired from international footy. They said we had a bargain. After a couple of games I had doubts but he’s coming good. Especially as solly doesn’t leave him exposed .

Apologies for that !![emoji15][emoji15]

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Really? Bong lost Iwobi completely in the game vs Arsenal, Suttner was very assured yesterday and probably one of our best players.

H did get sucked in, but Izquierdo was more culpable for not coming across.....

Fine margins.

I they’re both pretty evenly matched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Umm - If we are picking, Suttner was a Sunday league fullback when he allowed Mahrez to ghost past and set up Leicester's first. Very amauter.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Umm - If we are picking, Suttner was a Sunday league fullback when he allowed Mahrez to ghost past and set up Leicester's first. Very amauter.

There's no denying that Suttner was poor in his first few games for us, so was Propper. Does that make Propper an 'amateur' too?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Genuinely can't believe the number of people saying they would prefer Bong on this thread. Suttner has proven in the last couple of games that he is comfortably the better player. The number of times he released March down the wing yesterday was impressive and he was very solid defensively

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Genuinely can't believe the number of people saying they would prefer Bong on this thread. Suttner has proven in the last couple of games that he is comfortably the better player. The number of times he released March down the wing yesterday was impressive and he was very solid defensively

Completely agree, Suttner is definitely a notch up from Bong in my book, hence why CH seems to start him 90% of the time.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
There's no denying that Suttner was poor in his first few games for us, so was Propper. Does that make Propper an 'amateur' too?
No, although Propper was not at fault for an actual goal like Suttner was on the day, like you mentioned bong was at fault at Arsenal. Meaning Suttner was amateur in his defending on the day, that was all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here