Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion plot double swoop into transfer market

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
"Murphy could make his home debut against Blackburn Rovers turn to page 61 tomorrow but Zamora is still not quite ready to feature."

Do they even read this shit before they put it on the site?

There was an article on the back page yesterday which was half finished yet had no reference of where to go, and when I searched the other pages I couldn't find its remnants anyway. Have they made the proof reader redundant ?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Think Elliott Bennett and perhaps Anthony Stokes.

Fair play. Not sure I'm confident enough to stick my neck out.

I would liked us to have signed Ream (went to Fulham).

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Can you think of a suitable candidate [MENTION=153]perseus[/MENTION] ? :shrug:

Sssssh !!!

If Baldock plays as well as the first 16 seconds against Huddersfield we won't need another right sided player. Showed a turn of pace, I had not seen before. Before that, I thought we had been conned as he was a bit slow.

Very much like to have speed throughout the side (like Arsenal) with perhaps a playmaker like Ozil who is bit slower. When the oppositon sit back we need a player with a bit of nous and imagination and guile. And who is very educated in football and what to do, alluding a defender so the shot is not blocked etc. Definitely not Marshall for me. I prefer Jamie Murphy.

A playmaker who can take free kicks would be nice. Colunga is only a playmaker cause he can't beat his man for pace.

Teixeira showed glimpses of being good, but he lost the ball too often. I thought we passed to him when he was surrounded by opposition players, when we needed a winger to pass to as an alternative and stretch the opposition. Gave the opposition something to think about though and he scored one very good goal, when he did not shoot straight away (like Lualua usually) but manouevered himself an opening (like Lualua against Forest).

Last edited:

dr415414

May 6, 2015
Think Elliott Bennett and perhaps Anthony Stokes.
Wouldn't go near Stokes. Heard stuff about him from his time at Sunderland... good mates brother is head steward there....granted it was a while a go so maybe the lad has matured. Too slow as well....the turning capacity of a mllk float!!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You do know we are only allowed eleven players on the pitch at one time ?

At last - a bit of common sense! We've brought in some decent signings this transfer window, and hopefully we are going to progress from where we were last dismal season. Feel very confident we'll be top half.
But - Citeh and Chelski may br able to afford to buy up players just so they can't play for the opposition; we can't. If we get another better player in somewhere, I'll be delighted, and I'll be equally delighted if we manage to borrow a couple of fabulous young players from the PL - but for heaven's sake, these long shopping lists that some people are trotting out are just ridiculous.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
For what its worth i really hate the guy , but Joey Barton would be excellent in midfield for us , but only on a pay as you play deal .

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Will be interesting to see who we bring in but also importantly who we move out. I think we can safely say that Dunk will be moving on but also we may see hopefully Colunga and COG been shifted out along with perhaps a couple of fringe players loaned out? maybe JFC, Rea etc

Is it really safe to say that Dunk is moving on? Got a feeling that there's a steely determination to build a top notch squad this season, probably fuelled by a searing indignation that we followed the FFP doctrine religiously and ****ing QPR have (seemingly) got away with their £60m write off. The Poyet saga would point to the fact that the club/TB don't like having the piss taken.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Is it really safe to say that Dunk is moving on? Got a feeling that there's a steely determination to build a top notch squad this season, probably fuelled by a searing indignation that we followed the FFP doctrine religiously and ****ing QPR have (seemingly) got away with their £60m write off. The Poyet saga would point to the fact that the club/TB don't like having the piss taken.

I wouldn't say "Indignation" has anything to do it more "Determination" to get up into the Prem in time for the Sky deal for 2016/17. That really is a licence to print money.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
For what its worth i really hate the guy , but Joey Barton would be excellent in midfield for us , but only on a pay as you play deal .
Can you name one player who is on a pay as you play deal? I heard the same before we signed Zamora its never going to happen.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

Oh dear God, please don't let that happen. Last thing we need now with everything going well, is discord in the camp. Let him be someone else's problem.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
There has been absolutely no hint from Dunk that he wants to leave.

Does Lewis Dunk know much more than we do about what is going on?

My impression is that if BHAFC entered a team in a charity quiz night, it might not necessarily choose the Human Resources round to play its joker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here