Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

** Update: Will Buckley moves to Sunderland confirmed, three-year deal **

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
What does £2.5 million buy ? Quite. Nowhere near enough to replace Will. Double it and then I would be interested and still not sell.

Nothing I have seen of Borini says he is any better than Buckley and Sunderland are reported to pay £14 million for him. So 70% of that to make allowance for hamstring absences = £9.8 million.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Nothing I have seen of Borini says he is any better than Buckley and Sunderland are reported to pay £14 million for him. So 70% of that to make allowance for hamstring absences = £9.8 million.
What the hell are you on percy?borini is much much better than buckley,buckley's had it and he's been pointless for nearly 2 bloody years.

Cash him in ASAP

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
What does £2.5 million buy ? Quite. Nowhere near enough to replace Will. Double it and then I would be interested and still not sell.
Buckley doesn't need replacing pal as we don't need out and out wingers anymore it seems,we need quality attacking midfielders with pace and creativity.

The bad news is we have to many pointless midfielders that offer very little in our system,what a waste of wages.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Can't understand people saying sell. Surely we need to keep what we have bearing in mind how small the squad is hopefully bring in players to add to the strength we have. One out and one in is not adding.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Buckley doesn't need replacing pal as we don't need out and out wingers anymore it seems,we need quality attacking midfielders with pace and creativity.

The bad news is we have to many pointless midfielders that offer very little in our system,what a waste of wages.

Buckley doesn't need replacing as we don't need a high earner who spends a third of the season on the treatment table and most of the rest of it unable to go at 100% due to being so injury prone.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Can't understand people saying sell. Surely we need to keep what we have bearing in mind how small the squad is hopefully bring in players to add to the strength we have. One out and one in is not adding.
He's always crocked for crying out loud...we need to get rid of injury prone players,its that simple!!!
Why should the club have to keep getting in cover for sick note players all the time?
We have a bit of an issue with buying injury prone players and lazy players in recent years,no wonder our wage bill has been so high.You get 5/6 injury prone players and they need to be covered wether its a free transfer or loans etc.I don't get why some fans can't grasp the fact that the likes of buckley are high earners that offer jack shite to the playing side.

If your washing machine keeps breaking down and you keep paying for repairs....what do you do?

I rest my case

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Buckley doesn't need replacing as we don't need a high earner who spends a third of the season on the treatment table and most of the rest of it unable to go at 100% due to being so injury prone.
Yeah and a 3rd of the season is being generous,when he does play he's anonymous:lolol:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
People actually believe Buckley is as good as Borini?

Christ. I think a few on here need to take off the rose tinted spectacles. Buckley has done nothing for the last 2 years, his hamstrings are finished.

For what it's worth, Buckley played 34 times last season and scored 3 goals. Borini played 38 times, and scored 10, all in a higher division, at a side struggling at the bottom.

:facepalm:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
He played in 32 games last season.
Yeah and 15 of those we're 10 min cameo's....those stats don't tell the whole story even though he was absolutely dog shite last season anyway.The major factor without his constant injury's is his dire performances on top of that.

He was superb two years or so ago...how many good games in the last two years?
People really can't let go of the past and accept he's a crock who's lost his way :)

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Yeah and 15 of those we're 10 min cameo's....those stats don't tell the whole story even though he was absolutely dog shite last season anyway.The major factor without his constant injury's is his dire performances on top of that.

He was superb two years or so ago...how many good games in the last two years?
People really can't let go of the past and accept he's a crock who's lost his way :)

Spot on.
He's brilliant on his day, but he had one great performance last season, and not many the season before that. For the past 2 seasons he's been semi-fit, whereas for £2.5m we could quite easily replace him with a winger (or two) that could make a more consistent impact.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

2.5 might not buy us much from the PL or championship but there are plenty of good wide players in L1, across Europe, Asia and the Americas that we could buy for 2.5 mil. It just depends on where you shop so to speak

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Spot on.
He's brilliant on his day, but he had one great performance last season, and not many the season before that. For the past 2 seasons he's been semi-fit, whereas for £2.5m we could quite easily replace him with a winger (or two) that could make a more consistent impact.
Spot on...If we don't flog him we'll be stuck with him on 10k a week or whatever for a few years,lot of money to throw away.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
2.5 might not buy us much from the PL or championship but there are plenty of good wide players in L1, across Europe, Asia and the Americas would could buy for 2.5 mil. It just depends on where you shop so to speak
That'll pay for baldock who will float around the wing and up front...Baldock is the type of player we're crying out for.Its easy really baldock or buckley? We don't play wingers anymore so even more so we get a grip and go and get baldock.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

Lee Tomlin (£1.5m), Albert Adomah (£1m), Mustapha Carayol (£500k), Lewis Grabban (£1m, if we'd got him in January, and use the extra £1.5 for wages), Chris Burke (500k)......

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
He played in 32 games last season.

And was crap in all of them. Ok, that maybe a tad harsh, but Buckley is a shadow of the player he was in his 1st year. He doesn't want to be here and hasn't since January. Take the money and move on, don't even haggle, as they might pull out.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Lee Tomlin (£1.5m), Albert Adomah (£1m), Mustapha Carayol (£500k), Lewis Grabban (£1m, if we'd got him in January, and use the extra £1.5 for wages), Chris Burke (500k)......
Yep all versatile players who can play anywhere in the last 3rd although you wouldn't get adomah for £1 million :)
We play a 4-3-3 now,so need these types of pacey creative players,these types of players should've been signed by now if we knew hyypia's system.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here