Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Gross, Propper and Andone can all play there. I think we're covered.
CB, Winger = Done.

Tend to agree.

Would take someone special to displace Dunk or Duffy.

Winger wise though, if we spend enough we might improve competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Camship

Sep 16, 2012
CB, Winger = Done.

Not sure Andone has ever played there and Propper has only played there a couple of times, not sure 5 players for 3 midfield positions is enough anyway.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Not sure Andone has ever played there and Propper has only played there a couple of times, not sure 5 players for 3 midfield positions is enough anyway.

Bernardo can play defensive midfield too... so that's 6 CM's...

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
CB, Winger = Done.
Are we strong enough up front? I expect Baldock and Hemed to leave. In which case that leaves Murray (not getting any younger and under investigation by the tax man) , then two very promising, but at this stage, untested forwards in the PL in Locadia and Andone. We have no idea how they will get on but one of those has to fire. Otherwise goals may be hard to come by again. Plus last season we were very lucky with injuries.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Are we strong enough up front? I expect Baldock and Hemed to leave. In which case that leaves Murray (not getting any younger and under investigation by the tax man) , then two very promising, but at this stage, untested forwards in the PL in Locadia and Andone. We have no idea how they will get on but one of those has to fire. Otherwise goals may be hard to come by again. Plus last season we were very lucky with injuries.

I expect at least one of Baldock and/or Hemed to still be at the club when the transfer window closes, and for good old Glenn to keep banging in the goals at least for the coming season. The club have shelled out an awful lot of money on Locadia and Andone so they must be confident in their bailities. Pascale Gross too of course weighs in with his share of goals.

If anything it's the lack of goals from elsewhere in the team that concerns me more, especially with the grand total of nil from midfierld last season.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I expect at least one of Baldock and/or Hemed to still be at the club when the transfer window closes, and for good old Glenn to keep banging in the goals at least for the coming season. The club have shelled out an awful lot of money on Locadia and Andone so they must be confident in their bailities. Pascale Gross too of course weighs in with his share of goals.

If anything it's the lack of goals from elsewhere in the team that concerns me more, especially with the grand total of nil from midfierld last season.

Locadia 14 million Andone just over 5 million. It isn't an awful lot when every other Premier league club spend that and more. You have to spend large sums just to compete. Otherwise the odds on a swift return to the Championship is high. Don't forget both Bournemouth and Huddersfield have already spent more on one player than us. This just puts things into perspective.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Locadia 14 million Andone just over 5 million. It isn't an awful lot when every other Premier league club spend that and more. You have to spend large sums just to compete. Otherwise the odds on a swift return to the Championship is high. Don't forget both Bournemouth and Huddersfield have already spent more on one player than us. This just puts things into perspective.

You're asuuming that more money always means better quality. Perhaps our scouting department is just better at spotting bargains than Bournemouth and Huddersfield's.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
You're asuuming that more money always means better quality. Perhaps our scouting department is just better at spotting bargains than Bournemouth and Huddersfield's.

That's not exactly what I mean but carry on assuming

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes

This.

The players we are signing is a direct result of much homework being done and identifying players who's value is likely to increase once playing in the PL. A la Gross. Nobody can accuse us of spending over the odds for marquee players that skew the pay structure and upset the team. Kudos BHA, long may it continue.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The rest of the Premier League admired Pascal Groß who didn't cost large sums.

Last season, there were people on here lauding Huddersfield for spending large sums. We got 40 points with games to spare, whereas Huddersfield survived by the skin of their teeth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here