Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nothing surprises me anymore after their previous antics the other week, they are creating a lot of bad blood in the commons

Anyone who doesn't understand why this is disgusting and outrageous needs to give their head a wobble. It is probably one of the worst abuses of our political system I have ever seen since it undermines the voting process (as well as being duplicitous and deceitful). When that Australian **** cricketer got cought ball tampering he was on the telly crying (for his lost dignity). This shitehouse should be doing the same. But he won't though. If May doesn't condemn him, she colluded with it. If labour did this I would never vote for them again. How many tories have an equivalent sentiment? Lots I would hope. This really is turning into the political equivalent of cannibalism. Thanks again, Dave Cameron.

larus

How strange, when the Establishment, as you call it, are so determined to push Brexit through.

Reallly? Wow.

You mean big business? CBI, IMF, BoE, IoD. How many MPs are remainers? What about all of the civil servants (like Olly Robbins) who was moved from David Davis’s dept to No 10, and took over the negotiations and undermined DD?

Yep, the establishment is so Pro Brexit it’s frightening.

And you say about ‘pushing Brexit through’ as though the ones who are doing this are some how acting against the will of the people. The will of the people was to leave the EU (and it was quite clear that meant no ECJ, no free movement, no large payments to the EU and ability to negotiate trade agreements). The rebels are the ones who are trying to hold the government to account and not bend over backwards to the threats from the EU. It’s called democracy - look it up and see what it means.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Reallly? Wow.

You mean big business? CBI, IMF, BoE, IoD. How many MPs are remainers? What about all of the civil servants (like Olly Robbins) who was moved from David Davis’s dept to No 10, and took over the negotiations and undermined DD?

Yep, the establishment is so Pro Brexit it’s frightening.

And you say about ‘pushing Brexit through’ as though the ones who are doing this are some how acting against the will of the people. The will of the people was to leave the EU (and it was quite clear that meant no ECJ, no free movement, no large payments to the EU and ability to negotiate trade agreements). The rebels are the ones who are trying to hold the government to account and not bend over backwards to the threats from the EU. It’s called democracy - look it up and see what it means.

Ah, the good old Will of the People.

The EU isn't threatening anybody. The Commission is making sure that such dues, as the MEPs pensions are covered by us as the law in all the countries. Blaming the EU is a very weak point. The EU hasn't done anything, it is the UK who has chosen to go down this route, putting the Good Friday Agreement in danger, causing Gibraltar to have problems, and causing the pound to weaken considerably.
Blame it all on the EU, when it is the will of the people, all 17 million of them.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
So, let's face it: there's no consensual solution to Brexit. I think that's about the one thing we can all agree on.

But with a bit of imagination I think the following might work: we go for a kind of Brexit apartheid; a parallel Britain in which 2 communities exist side-by-side (and in harmony as each gets what it wants).

The Remainers just really go on as before. But for Brexiteer Britain there are exciting new possibilities
:

- you can have JRM (or Boris) as your PM.

- when you go on holiday to Europe you can have your own separate queue (shorter queue but definitely a longer wait)

- when you phone home on your mobile you can pay the extra charges and if you fall ill you'll not have the provisions that Remainers would enjoy

- you can have your own supermarkets in which EU goods are marked up because of the tariff barrier (never liked edam much anyway!)

- you can have preferential access to the rotting fruit that will be unpicked in your orchards

- when you are old and ill you can go into care homes where there'll be guaranteed to be no EU based care assistants to wipe your dibble

- you might find that your schools, roads and infrastructure begin to look a bit shabby as your tax take begins to fall but it's a price that your kids will be happy to pay

- best of all, you'll ONLY ever come into contact with fellow Leavers! None of the piss-taking, establishment loving, EU-worshipping ninnies will cross your path (but you might be a bit short of doctors and teachers as there won't be many universities to train them)

All this PLUS you can take back control (something to celebrate in all the queues)! What's not to like? But if you didn't like it you'd be free to migrate (psst - we don't mind migrants that much, even you lot) to Remainer UK - although be warned, there might be a bit of a queue!

Last edited:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
So, let's face it: there's no consensual solution to Brexit. I think that's about the one thing we can all agree on.

But with a bit of imagination I think the following might work: we go for a kind of Brexit apartheid; a parallel Britain in which 2 communities exist side-by-side (and in harmony as each gets what it wants).

The Remainers just really go on as before. But for Brexiteer Britain there are exciting new possibilities
:

- when you go on holiday to Europe you can have your own separate queue

- when you phone home on your mobile you can pay the extra charges and if you fall ill you'll not have the provisions that Remainers would enjoy

- you can have your own supermarkets in which EU goods are marked up because of the tariff barrier (never liked edam much anyway!)

- you can have preferential access to the rotting fruit that will be unpicked in your orchards

- when you are old and ill you can go into care homes where there'll be guaranteed to be no EU based care assistants to wipe your dibble

- you might find that your schools, roads and infrastructure begin to look a bit shabby as your tax take begins to fall but it's a price that your kids will be happy to pay

- best of all, you'll ONLY ever come into contact with fellow Leavers! None of the piss-taking, establishment loving, EU-worshipping ninnies will cross your path (but you might be a bit short of doctors and teachers as there won't be many universities to train them)

All this PLUS you can take back control (something to celebrate in all the queues)! What's not to like? But if you didn't like it you'd be free to migrate to Remainer UK - although be warned, there might be a bit of a queue!

Sounds like Heaven.
As there are just about enough remainers left to populate the Isle of Wight perhaps you could all move there.
I'm sure PM Mogg would be happy to provide the necessary assistance with the move.You might have enough Labour voters to elect Corbin as Chairman.
Who would bother with holidays in a hostile Europe?Spain and Greece's economies don't need our money :lolol:Plenty of friendly countries to visit.
Nobody would buy EU food,apart from the IOW,as we would buy tariff-free food,much cheaper.
Plenty of fruit pickers still coming here-beats being unemployed in the EU.
Plenty of care staff still coming.
Infrastructure has looked shabby the last 40 years and wouldn't get any worse.
Plenty of people at unis support or are ambivalent about Brexit,and I'm sure there are more applicants than teaching posts available with the sort of money being paid to the staff at universities.
Hopefully,you moaners will need an EU passport and will have to queue if you want to visit our modern,go-ahead,multi-cultural heaven.

Oh,and on the subject of YouGov surveys,do remoaners believe all of them,or just the ones that support their viewpoint?

yougov.png

larus

Ah, the good old Will of the People.

The EU isn't threatening anybody. The Commission is making sure that such dues, as the MEPs pensions are covered by us as the law in all the countries. Blaming the EU is a very weak point. The EU hasn't done anything, it is the UK who has chosen to go down this route, putting the Good Friday Agreement in danger, causing Gibraltar to have problems, and causing the pound to weaken considerably.
Blame it all on the EU, when it is the will of the people, all 17 million of them.

You really do live in a fantasy world.

Of course the EU is trying its hardest to make this as difficult as possible. If we succeed outside of the EU, then other countries will question why they stay in this failing protectionist block.

They do on about 'rules'.. Rules this, rules that, but they break their own rules so they are just hypocrites. For example, the growth and stability pact. As for the NI border, we will NOT be having border infrastructure after we leave. We already have different tax system between the 2, so this is a complete red herring. WTO rules allow for no physical border in extreme political situations. If there is infrastructure, it will ht Ireland who creates it not the UK.

But please carry on :lol:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Of course the EU is trying its hardest to make this as difficult as possible. If we succeed outside of the EU, then other countries will question why they stay in this failing protectionist block.

They do on about 'rules'.. Rules this, rules that, but they break their own rules so they are just hypocrites. For example, the growth and stability pact. As for the NI border, we will NOT be having border infrastructure after we leave. We already have different tax system between the 2, so this is a complete red herring. WTO rules allow for no physical border in extreme political situations. If there is infrastructure, it will ht Ireland who creates it not the UK.

Fantasy world? How can I possibly debate with someone who believes that?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

So what if they are trying to make it difficult ? If I had decided I didn’t want to drink in my local cafe anymore, but some how weirdly found myself in the cafe I didn’t want to be in anymore.... and they said we’re now charging you double for that nice Ethiopian coffee you drink I’d walk out. You want to leave, so just go, leave us alone.....then there won’t be any difficulties.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

:

- when you go on holiday to Europe you can have your own separate queue (shorter queue but definitely a longer wait)

All this PLUS you can take back control (something to celebrate in all the queues)! What's not to like? But if you didn't like it you'd be free to migrate (psst - we don't mind migrants that much, even you lot) to Remainer UK - although be warned, there might be a bit of a queue!

You've let yourself down there ... that's almost as bad as a Clampy/Nibble post :facepalm:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So what if they are trying to make it difficult ? If I had decided I didn’t want to drink in my local cafe anymore, but some how weirdly found myself in the cafe I didn’t want to be in anymore.... and they said we’re now charging you double for that nice Ethiopian coffee you drink I’d walk out. You want to leave, so just go, leave us alone.....then there won’t be any difficulties.

And we want to leave. The problem is there are a number of awkward customers in the cafe making it as difficult as possible to get to the door - some are even pleading for us to stay.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And we want to leave. The problem is there are a number of awkward customers in the cafe making it as difficult as possible to get to the door - some are even pleading for us to stay.

Ffs. Grow some balls and walk out. If I ran the cafe I’d save you the trouble and boot you out.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The PM called an unnecessary election last year squandering a double-digit poll lead and now her announcement of a soft Brexit option has seen a consistent Tory poll lead that lasted months completely reversed. To be fair that election delivered the stalemate parliament we have now and many people on here openly stated they were hoping to curtail/weaken the governments hand. So a bit surprising the same people then complain about the inevitable mess we find ourselves in ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_next_United_Kingdom_general_election

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

:

I thought we were already paying Custom Union tariffs on food ( 22% ) and clothing/footwear ( 11% ), let alone the 10.2% we have to pay on non EU cars coming in. You need to have a closer look outside if you don't think that schools, roads and infrastructure aren't shabby enough already. The whole system is in crisis now.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here