Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jose Izquierdo, Don’t You Dare!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Indeed.

Not sure Uruguay STILL have two great strikers though. Cavani is a major doubt for their QF tomorrow, and likely to be replaced with ex-Boro donkey Stuani.

Which would be excellent news for France, Cavani has been evil in this World Cup. If we (and they) actually made it to the Final, I'd certainly be praying for him still to be crocked.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No, you're missing my point.

Uruguay made very hard work of narrowly beating Saudi Arabia.
Brazil couldn't beat the Swiss, and had to score in injury time to beat Costa Rica
France only just scraped past Australia (thanks to VARS) and bored the whole world shitless against Denmark

I could go on (but I won't). You're making out England are the ONLY team to (apparently) have been poor and laboured against lesser opposition, when we're most certainly not. We've got the job done, something we don't usually see from us in WC's. Everyones had their struggles to get here at some point, we've been no worse IMO. There's more to come from this team though, and hopefully we'll see it on Saturday.

Colombia were brilliant 4 years ago and are still a very good team. They only lost their first game as they played with 10 and they tore Poland a new one. Tunisia as we all know didn’t play as well as we thought but they’ve had brilliant results recently. We smashed Panama where Belgium & Tunisia failed to - we’ve done very well. I’m with you.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Colombia were brilliant 4 years ago and are still a very good team. They only lost their first game as they played with 10 and they tore Poland a new one. Tunisia as we all know didn’t play as well as we thought but they’ve had brilliant results recently. We smashed Panama where Belgium & Tunisia failed to - we’ve done very well. I’m with you.

Yep, you can make various cases for and against how "well" England have done so far.

For me, I still have the likes of USA, Algeria, Slovenia and Costa Rica VERY fresh in my memory. So to see us take care of business this time, and in the manner that we have, is very refreshing IMO.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Yep, you can make various cases for and against how "well" England have done so far.

For me, I still have the likes of USA, Algeria, Slovenia and Costa Rica VERY fresh in my memory. So to see us take care of business this time, and in the manner that we have, is very refreshing IMO.

Losing to Sudbury Town in the cup is still fresh in the mind too. I thought we were doing well under Hyppia...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Again, of course you're allowed an opinion. However I'm baffled as to why you have no sense of perspective when it comes to competitive English performances - especially in knockout football. (Even 'One Teddy Maybank' above can only think of two performances in the last 50 years where we've played well. You can't use those as yardsticks).

Given how shit we've always been traditionally against Sweden that Colombia performance could well be the highlight of our World Cup.

Eh? You never asked for specific examples. I'll get the record books out and give you a few more

I believe there's stacks of times England have played better than they did vs Colombia, shall we throw in qualifiers or are you looking at major tournaments only?

Qualifier or not beating Germany 5-1 was impressive, presumably it doesn't count?
The Euro's when Rooney got injured, we were very good at times.....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Fair enough. So Columbus never discovered Colombia?

Can you just find an empty room to argue in or something and just leave the England threads to the football fans. Thanks.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Can you just find an empty room to argue in or something and just leave the England threads to the football fans. Thanks.

So why do so many refer to Colombia as Columbia? I genuinely would like to know. You seem like the sort of guy who would know. Fill me in. Knowledge is power!

This could make a good pub quiz question

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So why do so many refer to Colombia as Columbia?

This could make a good pub quiz.

Don’t know - probably the same reason the majority on this thread think you’re a bit of a tit?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fair enough. So Columbus never discovered Colombia?

We had this discussion on the Colombia vs England thread did we not? [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION], I admire your brevity. Succinct.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Eh? That's a bit uncalled for. Who's made any personal insults towards you?

Take a break mate.

Sorry - I should have said ‘acting like’ a bit of a tit. Which many have pointed out. And I didn’t actually say that myself I just gave an opinion on others’ opinions - see?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Sorry - I should have said ‘acting like’ a bit of a tit. Which many have pointed out.

Who's pointed that out and why have you been trolling me for the last few days? A lot of my posts seem to have you randomly jumping on them.

I hope this isn't to do with your claims that I somehow patronised your financial situation which you failed to back up?

Character assainate me all you want. But please just bite the god dam bullet and move on.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So what was the answer?

I can remeber perfecty well, fortunately. Cristopher Columbus is an anglicisation and male gender variant of the Spanish name 'Kristina Colombo'. Kristina was the mistress of Captain Julio Inglesias, who was on a mission to discover India. The ship overran and hit land while Julio was being distracted by Kristina playing 'find the chorizo'. Kristina agreed to take the blame, and in return Julio named the new land after her. In order to spare his embarrassment, Julio told King Carractus of Spain that his first mate, 'Chris' had made the discovery. Because the English back then were credulous as they were bad at spelling, the paradox that we see today became established.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Who's pointed that out and why have you been trolling me for the last few days? A lot of my posts seem to have you randomly jumping on them.

I hope this isn't to do with your claims that I somehow patronised your financial situation which you failed to back up?

Character assainate me all you want. But please just bite the god dam bullet and move on.

I’m only posting on England threads thanks - the team you don’t care about yet seem to be popping up spreading negativity on all the threads. Maybe you need to move on? If you read through the thread you’ll see many have pointed it out - that lost I did already has a few thumbsup even! See ya later.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I’m only posting on England threads thanks - the team you don’t care about yet seem to be popping up spreading negativity on all the threads. Maybe you need to move on? If you read through the thread you’ll see many have pointed it out - that lost I did already has a few thumbsup even! See ya later.
We lost to Belgium, drew to Colombia (won on Pens) and beat Tunisia and Panama and are yet to keep a clean sheet, but yet im spreading negativity about England needing to do better if people are being serious about us winning the WC?

This has nothing to do with England. You're trying to create an illusion of some sort of online mob who are constantly pointing out personal stuff about myself in aid of your built up hatred of me. So far you've lied, mobbed, character assinated, smear campaigned and online trolled me. What's your next narcissistic tactic gonna be? Getting me banned?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here