Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Genuine question, is Tomer Hemed any better than Chris O'Grady?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
COG is probably the strongest holder upper that we've had in the 4 and a bit seasons back in the Championship - I'd even rate him above Ulloa in that respect. However, Hemed looks more lively and threatening, and generally gives the defence far more to think about when we get a cross in.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Yes, but O'Grady shouldn't be judged solely on our sh!thouse 2014-15 season. He played in a team devoid of anything resembling passion, commitment, talent and intelligence & not to mention Hyypia coached the good out of everyone.

He's a decent striker who adds depth, holds up the ball well and will get some assists.

As others have said though, Baldock has been excellent so far this season. His run from the kick off last night to set up Kayal was delicious.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think he is the type of player who can bring others into the game better than O'Grady can but I think COG will be better this season than he was last season. Albeit he will be coming off the bench more often than not but I think he will have service provided to him by others from wide areas, rather than him being the one trying to hold the ball up and provide the service

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
Got say Hemed was poor last night. Did not win the ball in the air, did not hold it up or bring others into play attempts on goal, can't say I remember any. Made Joe Lynch look great. Taken off asap. Replaced by Ince so two up top abandoned. Finally COG came on to plough alone up front and made a fair fist of it , nearly scored. To really compare it would be nice if COG got to play in a two like Hemed. Overall I see little has been added in this department in terms of quality, maybe Zamora?.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Got say Hemed was poor last night. Did not win the ball in the air, did not hold it up or bring others into play attempts on goal, can't say I remember any. Made Joe Lynch look great. Taken off asap. Replaced by Ince so two up top abandoned. Finally COG came on to plough alone up front and made a fair fist of it , nearly scored. To really compare it would be nice if COG got to play in a two like Hemed. Overall I see little has been added in this department in terms of quality, maybe Zamora?.

What did Murphy look like in his brief cameo role for 10 mins?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Quite why people are so negative about COG is beyond me. He does a great job holding the ball as an out from defence and always contributes a lot when I see him come on. If he could actually start scoring too that would help I agree, but the negativity is beyond me.

As to which is the better player, I would say they are very different styles.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
That's pretty much what I would have said
Quite why people are so negative about COG is beyond me. He does a great job holding the ball as an out from defence and always contributes a lot when I see him come on. If he could actually start scoring too that would help I agree, but the negativity is beyond me.

As to which is the better player, I would say they are very different styles.

That's pretty much what I would have said.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Hemed's movement is miles better than COG, and when he gets a chance Im pretty sure he will look far more likely than COG to take it.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Despite scoring two penalties, neither was particularly convincing (i.e. could easily have been saved had the keeper gone the right way).

I think you need to look at those penalties again as they are both perfect in that he waits a millisecond to see which way the keeper dives and then adjusts his body position to slot the ball the other side.

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
Murphy looked quite lively. Put in a great cross that COG glanced over the bar. Puzzled as to why he was put on the left displacing LuaLua who did not look as good on the right thought he could play on the right? He was subbed on for March who had been on the right. I a number of decisions last night puzzling.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Murphy looked quite lively. Put in a great cross that COG glanced over the bar. Puzzled as to why he was put on the left displacing LuaLua who did not look as good on the right thought he could play on the right? He was subbed on for March who had been on the right. I a number of decisions last night puzzling.

Possibly because he is good when cutting in and shooting as he is naturally right footed. He played a lot on right for Sheff Utd but at Motherwell he was mostly played on the left or through the middle

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
What a dumb-ass thread if you sir the OP doesn't know the correct answer to your question then maybe you should give up watching football altogether! :wrong:punish::censored:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Genuine question, is Tomer Hemed any better than Chris O'Grady?

Well, you'd certainly hope so, wouldn't you. We tried signing worse players last season; that went well .......................... oh!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here