Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kayal

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
It was one of my biggest disappointments following Burnley when we conceded a stoppage time equaliser to draw 2-2 at Old Trafford on Boxing Day.

Being 2-0 up at the "Theatre of Dreams" after only half an hour and to only draw thanks to a dubious free-kick awarded to United, in some ways, felt worse than a plucky defeat.

Judging from the highlights, you had the chances to force extra-time and you certainly put up a much better show than Swansea did against Spurs.

I guess we felt like you did after our game in the league up there. Played so well; had more of the ball than we did tonight too as well as the better chances, and somehow lost to a complete fluke deflection when we could and perhaps should have won. Was gutted at the time!

Out of interest, where does your interest in Brighton come from as a Burnley fan??

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I guess we felt like you did after our game in the league up there. Played so well; had more of the ball than we did tonight too as well as the better chances, and somehow lost to a complete fluke deflection when we could and perhaps should have won. Was gutted at the time!

Out of interest, where does your interest in Brighton come from as a Burnley fan??

I’d suggest that the Ashley Barnes on NSC threads started it, coupled with the similarities between Burnley and Brighton over recent seasons. Don’t forget they have three of our ex forwards and an ex Albion fullback too.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
I thought kayak played great. But he should be advised never to shoot.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm happy to accept I'm pretty miserable tonight. I thought we'd have a go, and in my opinion, we didn't. Either it was a lack of ambition or a lack of quality, or a mixture of the pair.

There is a difference between lacking a cutting edge and lacking ambition. I though we carried a threat through the whole game, and attacked in numbers through the 2nd half, but just lacked that killer instinct quality when it mattered. Thought Kayal was excellent as was Gross, Locadia looks rusty but still causes problems throughout and Ulloa’s hold up and contribution to our build up play was very good. We know our squad lacks a bit of fire power, disingenuous to say it lacked ambition though, you watched a different game to most I imagine, or Romero for that matter!

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Maybe our ambitions are different. I think we should have done much better tonight, and last week at Everton, and at West Brom (only team to lose to them in the last 28 league games), and at Huddersfield. We can be the newcomers acting bravely in defeat this season, that's fine. We can keep playing sub-standard players and keep being happy merely surviving if we want, but I think we're capable of better than that.

Maybe I'm being naive, or maybe some people on here need to grow a pair and want to see us having more of a go. Locadia, Gross and Pröpper were up to standard but there are question marks all over the pitch for me. Obviously, we're playing Man Utd away and that's one of the toughest games possible but they were there for the taking tonight. They've not played well at all, and they haven't had to.

You my son, must be on drugs.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
We lost the game 2-0. Forgive me for being disappointed. ???

We should be beating teams like Manchester United? I don't ever intend to lower my hopes for the success Albion might achieve, but nor do I want to stray in to the fantasy realms of the supporters of some other clubs with their sense of entitlement. We were drawn away to the second best team in the country and put up a creditable performance. If you think like that now, then there will be nowhere for you to go if we do ever enter a period of consistent success in league and cup.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Maybe our ambitions are different. I think we should have done much better tonight, and last week at Everton, and at West Brom (only team to lose to them in the last 28 league games), and at Huddersfield. We can be the newcomers acting bravely in defeat this season, that's fine. We can keep playing sub-standard players and keep being happy merely surviving if we want, but I think we're capable of better than that.

Maybe I'm being naive, or maybe some people on here need to grow a pair and want to see us having more of a go. Locadia, Gross and Pröpper were up to standard but there are question marks all over the pitch for me. Obviously, we're playing Man Utd away and that's one of the toughest games possible but they were there for the taking tonight. They've not played well at all, and they haven't had to.

I'm going to pick the naive option. Plus I'll add a good dose of 'entitled', 'impatient' and 'Spurs fan'

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I’d suggest that the Ashley Barnes on NSC threads started it, coupled with the similarities between Burnley and Brighton over recent seasons. Don’t forget they have three of our ex forwards and an ex Albion fullback too.

Ah yeah, I guess you're right. Didn't think about that after a few beers etc last night :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here