Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Video of our new spanish lad.........

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
If he's as fast as he thinks he is he may well fit into English football a lot better than Spanish. Hope he gets a few minutes tomorrow.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Looks great in that video. I prefer to judge when I see him play myself. The comparison to Ash with the latter's lack of pace is silly.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
2 footed and got an eye for the goal, don't think he looks that quick though myself.

Glad someone picked up on it early. Clearly v good with both feet which is the stand out attribute from that video for me!

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
2 or 3 people in the first team squad is enough for one position......we have 5!

Not fit... We have four "on the books", two of which are still a way off first team action, and one on loan to cover them. It's hardly an embarrassment of riches.

Oh, and that's effectively to cover two positions. I know we only play one up front a lot of the time, but we still need the option of playing two striker simultaneously.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Everyone looks clinical in a highlights video - every shot is a goal. Hopefully you're right though. He should have more pace than we're used to (without CMS or a fit Buckley), and he had a good attitude in his interview.

I know it's a YouTube video so it's going to be very flattering. What I like about Rodriguez's goals are he shows great composure in the box waiting for the best time to pull the triggar and not just having a snap shot. Looks very promising.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I think he was out of contract in the summer and not playing regularly, plus most Spanish clubs bar the top 3 or 4 are skint due to their economy going belly up so it's one off the wage bill. By mutually cancelling his contract it probably meant Celta didn't have to pay him off.

Plus it looks as if he's been successful in the second tier but perhaps hasn't cut it at the highest level. Which is fine for us, short-term.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
A little bit of wee dribbled out. 5 seconds later I was gushing. Wife's not happy but it's Rodney I says.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
That video is a bit "GCSE Media Studies" isn't it?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Ulloa up front by himself. Against the right opposition, D2 out wide a la Barnes. Obika on the bench. CMS on the bench at best because he will come back lacking his one great asset, his pace. Won't see Hoskins until March/April or he'll breakdown in first game back. Hope that helps.

Someone seems to be missing his beloved Asheley Barnes.....move on mate.....AB is settled into warming the bench and missing sitters at Burnley..... He isn't coming back.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
From what I could see in between the very odd graphics the man is a goal scorer. Most goals from about three yards out. But he can finish if given the chance. We need to be creating more than we are though for him to be useful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here