Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Them up the road

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I've just had a look at their upcoming fixtures and I'm distressed to see they have two home matches before playing us. So they haven't a goal or point away from home and their next match on the road is us. You just know what's coming next.

I know, I know. I shouldn't be pessimistic but the scars run deep. First home league defeat and the playoff semi at The Amex. Ugh! Please not again.

I shall be there cheering us on but I shall feel so nervous I'll feel like puking.

Relax, enjoy the ride, Im loving the Premier League, I have zero expectation every time we play now, I have never been so relaxed watching us play.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

Good catch. Please ignore the compromised first edition. New version now with added colour (no orange).

Palace points.jpg
Palace graph.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Then I reckon he's either not very good at his job or Parish is interfering where he shouldn't because the role of the Chief Exec is supposed to be overall charge of day-to-day business including liaising with the press and public and generally being the face of the club.

Whenever you see Disney in the stands, he's ALWAYS got Mark not-so-Bright yammering in his ear. It must be like having Baldrick there as an advisor. And looking at the utter shambles CPFC2010 have been these last few years, I think he's been listening.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Please tell me you're not in the 6th row behind the North?!

:lol: I got an aisle seat especially. Could be a slip risk though.

Relax, enjoy the ride, Im loving the Premier League, I have zero expectation every time we play now, I have never been so relaxed watching us play.

I absolutely am loving this season. Every other game has been fine. It's just the thought of losing to that lot that tips me over the edge.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They actually have a better points return from their 5 games against the top six than they do from their 6 games against the rest of the league. If they are to start moving up the table they have to start beating their immediate rivals. At the moment, we could take zero points from a possible 36 against the top six, but maintain our current average against the rest of the division and still end up with 43 points. Were Palace to do the same, they would end up with 8.

They will improve and I still wouldn't bet against them surviving, but the matches against the top six is a slight red herring.
The fact that they've scored more against the top 6 than against the rest is the red herring. We both know that's not a trend that will continue. We won't pick up many points in our games against the top 6, I'm happy to bet that Palace will score more per game in their remaining fixtures against teams outside the top 6.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Talking to a Palace fan at fireworks on Saturday who was insisting team motivation/organisation/tactics this season so far aside, they have a better side man for man than us so in the end when Roy has had time with them they'll be ok. He's normally quite a sensible, intelligent chap this fan as well.

I said surely you must recognise Brighton's defence is better but apparently no, when Sakho plays they have a better defence than us. What a strange, complacent mentality that has maybe gripped the club and the reason they're where they are now.

I had a look through their team yesterday and maybe Zaha aside, I genuinely wouldn't swap any of their other players for any of ours.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What would be really useful is the opposite of our 'staying-up' tracker, where we can see how far Palace are behind the safety line, using the same logic as Giraffe has in his tracker.
Is it...

Bottom half last season (or newly promoted): 1 point away, 3 points at home.
Top half last season: 0 points home and away.

If so, I make it that they should have 11 points.
I think we need a tracker for them, starting from now - say they need 38 points for survival, that's 34 from their remaining 27 games. 8 wins, 10 draws, 9 losses - or 9 wins, 7 draws, 11 losses (piece of piss). So put those results in context with their remaining games.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Talking to a Palace fan at fireworks on Saturday who was insisting team motivation/organisation/tactics this season so far aside, they have a better side man for man than us so in the end when Roy has had time with them they'll be ok. He's normally quite a sensible, intelligent chap this fan as well.

I said surely you must recognise Brighton's defence is better but apparently no, when Sakho plays they have a better defence than us. What a strange, complacent mentality that has maybe gripped the club and the reason they're where they are now.

I had a look through their team yesterday and maybe Zaha aside, I genuinely wouldn't swap any of their other players for any of ours.

I'd probably say Zaha instead of Skalak and maybe Sakho and Benteke as 5th choice CB and 4th choice striker respectively.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Benteke' back next game, and he needs to hit the ground running.
We're creating chances every game, even under FDB, we need to start putting them away .

Let's hope he does hit the ground running...very hard and is out against us!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That's how I start the game, but if by some miracle we're leading by a goal, it becomes as stressful as ever.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The last time Palace had only accumulated four points from their opening 11 games in the top flight was in 2013-14. They ended up finishing 11th.

After all the people this club has screwed, surely, finally that they due a good dose of karma.

Since Doogie F took over just seems like a continuous run of good fortune

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I'd probably say Zaha instead of Skalak and maybe Sakho and Benteke as 5th choice CB and 4th choice striker respectively.

i think you are being a tad one eyed here. Benteke, when in the mood, is streets ahead of our strikers. I think Sakho is a better defender that Dunk and Duffy, although I wouldn't break up the pairing to accomodate him. Objectively, Zaha is probably better than our wingers although like you I wouldn't take him over Knockaert or Solly. You can add Cabaye into this mix too.

The fact is that Palace have some very good players, and now have an organised manager who will over see them improving their results now they have their horror run over with. Will this be enough to keep them up? Who knows but i am loving this season so far.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here