Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just read this on facebook

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Absolute joke TBH, surely this Albions history for all to share, new & old?

It's albion's history...not some of the people who have been brought in to the club by the current owner...they care not a jot about our history...and that includes some fans you talk to.

Well if we drop out of this league at the first attempt, then they are going to need us whilst we battle to get back. Perhaps they ought to think about that when pissing off loyal fans.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It's albion's history...not some of the people who have been brought in to the club by the current owner...they care not a jot about our history...and that includes some fans you talk to.

Well if we drop out of this league at the first attempt, then they are going to need us whilst we battle to get back. Perhaps they ought to think about that when pissing off loyal fans.

Brilliant :clap:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Your name vill also go on ze list...

Attachments

• 20161008_fnp501.jpg
    20161008_fnp501.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 360

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Dunno.

What communication have you had and from whom?

[MENTION=78]timco[/MENTION] was asked to take down www.albionalbum.co.uk by the club, but managed to agree an approach that left the site in tact.

There has been some communication from the club and the tone has been softly softly and amicable. I'm probably not in a position to reveal the content of that discussion here other than to state the message there is pressure to take down the channel coming from broadcasters.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
All true. Sad times indeed.
So are the club asking you to remove the videos, or let them have the channel?

Sorry, just seen this:
There has been some communication from the club and the tone has been softly softly and amicable. I'm probably not in a position to reveal the content of that discussion here other than to state the message there is pressure to take down the channel coming from broadcasters.
How about for now you just remove the videos, and put some general Brighton fan stuff on there. Just to make sure you're under no pressure to lose the channel.

I don't think you should accept that anything is wrong unless you've had legal advice to do so.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

What the hell has videos from the 70s and 80s got to do with the Prem? I know it's often joked about on here about football starting in 92/93 but it's looking more and more like a reality!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Shall I change the name to Seagulls World or Seagulls Player?

Or 'Seagulls before football existed'. Just post videos prior to 1992.

I've spent hours watching and reading you stuff.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Let those broadcasters come to you then.

There’s no need for the club to waste its time being an intermediary here. I’m sure they have better things to do.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I'm surprised after 25 years it doesn't become possible to be hosted on stuff like this. I understand why they don't want really recent things up but

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The message has been a request by broadcasters to take down the site rather than have the club take over the channel.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Quote from an email from PB

The broadcasters and leagues own the copyright to their productions and, understandably, wish to protect their assets.
This is not just a Premier League issue. The EFL and its broadcast partners will have similar copyright requirements.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Quote from an email from PB

What’s strange about this is NSC’s Channel was shut down due to copyright strikes that the EFL hit us with via YouTube directly.

Based on that experience, it seems strange that a process that the EFL seem well versed with has not been used here.

Broadcasters themselves will also be accustomed to using YouTube’s copyright protection tools to deal with cases such as this.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Maybe try Goldstone TV.

The issue seems to be more with the content than the name, although the name may have meant that broadcasters thought it was the club running it and therefore contacted the club as first port of call.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here