Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby County vs Brighton and Hove Albion ***Official Match Thread***

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Don't blame the manager today, no pace available and Bridcutt not wanting to play? We need attacking additions quickly though.

do we know with any certainty that Bridcutt did not want to play? Or was it the choice of the manager to go with what we are likely to have? Either way needs to be sorted asap

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
2 meaningful shots on target for us (Orlandi header in the first half, Ulloa after they scored), 1 for them which they scored.

A couple of things i dont get though, and having watched only a few games this year, I hope someone can correct me.

Playing 4-2-3-1 / 4-5-1 means either you have A) very quick players on the wings to go at the defenders, thus pinning their fullbacks back further and create more space for the middle 3 to possess the ball (buckley and Lua Lua), or B) have a higher creative midfielder out of the central 3 to support the lonely striker. We didnt have either - was Crofts doing this role? The lack of actual shots on goal was slightly worrying, but then again it wasnt a great game.

Having just watched a decent first half with most of the possession in the DC half but no real chances, it was apparent that we needed to change things in the second half but they came too late.

Shopping list for January
Attacking Midfield/Croft replacement - Is Kemy the guy for this?
Right Midfielder
Figure out where to play Orlandi

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I struggle to understand why you would let Barnes go when you only have a coming back to fitness Ulloa and an untested loan option.

At the end of the day, you can make a player play who doesn't want to play, but you can't make a player who doesn't want to play well.

The gap between the kind of performance you need from a player, and the less-than-fully-assed kind that he can get away with giving you without crashing his market value, is too big.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
do we know with any certainty that Bridcutt did not want to play? Or was it the choice of the manager to go with what we are likely to have? Either way needs to be sorted asap

To be fair I don't, just the official site team news said he was available, so why wasn't he in the team. Another striker and a wide player are an absolutely priority before the Burnley game

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
At the end of the day, you can make a player play who doesn't want to play, but you can't make a player who doesn't want to play well.

The gap between the kind of performance you need from a player, and the less-than-fully-assed kind that he can get away with giving you without crashing his market value, is too big.

Get what you are saying to a degree, but I personally didn't notice much change in attitude from Barnes prior to his transfer

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Get what you are saying to a degree, but I personally didn't notice much change in attitude from Barnes prior to his transfer

I didn't either, not really, not within the limits of normal good games and bad games. I'm being charitable arguendo and assuming all the slating of Barnes on this board was anchored in some sort of reality.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Oscar has just said in his post match interview that Bridcutt was up for selection but told Nathan Jones yesterday that his mind wasnt focused perhaps PB mind should not be focused when paying the wages. Is he trying to force a move.

Jan 30, 2008
oscar has just said in his post match interview that bridcutt was up for selection but told nathan jones yesterday that his mind wasnt focused perhaps pb mind should not be focused when paying the wages. Is he trying to force a move.
and he still gets paid ? :wanker:
regards
DR

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Oscar has just said in his post match interview that Bridcutt was up for selection but told Nathan Jones yesterday that his mind wasnt focused perhaps PB mind should not be focused when paying the wages. Is he trying to force a move.

As some-one else has said, if we tried that at work we'd be sacked !!! .. Let him go TB the other players must be getting unsettled by this namely Ulloa

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Not doubt trying to force a move and no doubt he will get once since we cant afford to carry a disinterested player. Real shame it ends like this

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Steward: You cannot use a camera in the ground
Me: It's not usually an issue
Steward: It clearly states outside
Me: Ok
Steward: Do you have a phone?
Me:Yes
Steward: You can take pictures with that if you want
Me: Err.....

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

Should be fined wages if that's the case. Utterly unprofessional and a disgrace.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I haven't seen a single mention of Jake "The Invisible Man" Forster Caskey. He was out there, as per BBC....

That's harsh. He did fine. He puts in a real shift, closes down the opposition, passes to his teammates, and gets in good positions. He just needs to start imposing himself on games more. I suspect that this will come.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Shirley Bridcutt is in breach of contact if he can be bothered to play and shouldn't be paid. Hero to zero in a month

Lost a lot of respect for him today, he has tarnished he reputation with antics like this. ****.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here