Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] A27 Lewes Mobile camera

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Wasnt a Chief Constable recently quoted as saying that the speed limit is set eg 30 mph and anybody in his area exceeding it even by 1 mph will have action taken against them Slightly OT but may be of interest to some on here but Sussex Police use a plain unmarked Black Audi 4x4 in that area as a traffic patrol car.

The North Wales police chief, coincidentally neighbouring Cheshire, has publically championed the ‘prosecute the 1 mile over speeders’ policy for many years.

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Or the hearer isn't listening properly.
I also believe the people who say they were 'only' 1 mph over the speed limit, and caught, are being economical with the truth.

I do agree with your last point. But I know for a fact speeders who were done for doing 33 and 34, even 25 years ago when the furore over speeding was less. I got done for doing 34 on Marine Parade in about 1990.

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Wasn't he the same Chief Constable who himself failed to practise what he preached on his way to a private function.?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Yes. Richard Brunstrom (easy to find the case in google in his anti any bad motoring crusade). On a separate occasion, he got do for no road fund licence.

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
A lot of these claims are to do with time of day i believe. Many years ago when still in the RAF i was returning to RAF Bicester and in the very early hours of the morning passing through a quiet Oxfordshire village i was pulled over by the police. I asked why , their answer was priceless. Because you're obeying the speed limit, we thought you had something to hide. Normally at this hour cars are going through in excess of 60.
I do agree with your last point. But I know for a fact speeders who were done for doing 33 and 34, even 25 years ago when the furore over speeding was less. I got done for doing 34 on Marine Parade in about 1990.

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A lot of these claims are to do with time of day i believe. Many years ago when still in the RAF i was returning to RAF Bicester and in the very early hours of the morning passing through a quiet Oxfordshire village i was pulled over by the police. I asked why , their answer was priceless. Because you're obeying the speed limit, we thought you had something to hide. Normally at this hour cars are going through in excess of 60.

I remember in the 80's and 90's the police around Brighton pulling over cars being driven slowly in the night, for possible drink drivers not wanting to draw attentiom.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here