Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bournemouth

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I recall Reading saying exactly the same to us ...when we were in the Championship six years ago . What exactly is not sustainable. We are in a small stadium, with low overheads and a stupidly low rent. We are carrying hardly any debt , have made a profit over the last two seasons. Should the worse happen and we get relegated we then have several years of parachute payments.

Your owner on the other hand is carrying a £200 million plus debt.
Our owner is carrying a £200m+ debt? To whom? It's his money, so he owes it to himself?

Thick as mince.

I wouldn't want Howe as manager as I don't like him. Yes he's done a great job (with tons of money plus cheating to get to the big money) but he's a smug prick and he creeps me out.

So no.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Apart from the £16m overdraft and the £191m directors loan as at 30/6/17
Director's loan that will never be repaid and will probably be converted to shares. Overdraft that's completely normal for a Championship club..... and we're not one anymore. Your point?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Director's loan that will never be repaid and will probably be converted to shares. Overdraft that's completely normal for a Championship club..... and we're not one anymore. Your point?

That [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION]’s claim that the club has zero debt wasn’t accurate.

Personally I hope TB does manage to reclaim some of the money he has so generously loaned the club.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Isn’t that true for the debts of most of the PL clubs? i.e. they are owed to the club’s owners.

Who do you support? Or are you just being intentionally annoying?

Tony Bloom is not most football club owners.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
That [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION]’s claim that the club has zero debt wasn’t accurate.

Personally I hope TB does manage to reclaim some of the money he has so generously loaned the club.
He's stated on numerous occasions that he's not interested in getting any of the money back. You're also quoting figures from the accounts when we were in the Championship and completely reliant on Tony's funding.

Every Brighton fan knows this so I guess I'm not conversing with one.

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

An interest free loan from a very wealthy owner and lifelong fan is a debt in name only. Periodically TB converts huge tranches of the loan into equity, meaning that he'll never the see the money returned, unless the club is sold for a big sum.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

He has stated he is going to give the club to his son. He doesn't pay himself a wage unlike Prince Charming up the road.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
An interest free loan from a very wealthy owner and lifelong fan is a debt in name only. Periodically TB converts huge tranches of the loan into equity, meaning that he'll never the see the money returned, unless the club is sold for a big sum.

I agree - the chance of him ever seeing the cash he’s invested in the club must be close to zero - I can’t be alone in thinking though that now we’re in the PL, and assuming we manage to stay there for a few years, that the club will be able to repay some of the nearly £200m of outstanding loans.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
My turn to ask - What is your point?
You're calling Bloom's investment debt, you have no understanding of our club's finances and, on another thread, you're calling people who laugh at the mess that is Palace "obsessed" for knowing some facts about them.

Sorry, but the only people on here who do all those things are the Palace goons, not Brighton fans. I apologise if that's not the case but I also suggest that you do some reading. The information you require is readily available on this forum.

Regards

LL

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I agree - the chance of him ever seeing the cash he’s invested in the club must be close to zero - I can’t be alone in thinking though that now we’re in the PL, and assuming we manage to stay there for a few years, that the club will be able to repay some of the nearly £200m of outstanding loans.

He's wealthy enough seemingly to be unperturbed either way and about to become far wealthier with the huge Ikea/new homes development.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
You're calling Bloom's investment debt, you have no understanding of our club's finances and, on another thread, you're calling people who laugh at the mess that is Palace "obsessed" for knowing some facts about them.

Sorry, but the only people on here who do all those things are the Palace goons, not Brighton fans. I apologise if that's not the case but I also suggest that you do some reading. The information you require is readily available on this forum.

Regards

LL

No I’m not! The outstanding directors loan of nearly £200m has nothing whatsoever to do with the investment he has made in the way of share purchases.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/siteassets/201718-images/pdfs/bhah-2017-signed.pdf

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No I’m not! The outstanding directors loan of nearly £200m has nothing whatsoever to do with the investment he has made in the way of share purchases.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/siteassets/201718-images/pdfs/bhah-2017-signed.pdf

Here's an overview of what really happened.

Over the years he's pumped in personal cash of circa £300m by way of loans. All interest free with no repayment terms. £90m of which went on the stadium and related infrastructure, plus the Lancing complex, and subsidising trading losses.

Periodically, he converted some of that loan balance, by way of a paper exercise in company law & accounting terms, to share capital.

That's it.

P.S. There was no share purchase. The other shareholders received next to nothing for their shares and may well be very minority shareholders to this day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here