Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] 11-year-old Dan's sponsored silence for AITC

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
His mum just posted this:

"Dan says a massive THANK YOU to everyone. He never imagined he would have this level of support. To say he is feeling a sense of purpose right now is a big understatement. And I have never seen his eyebrows raised quite so high in amazement. We are both so appreciative of every single donation. Dan and Carla. "

I know not every donation is from NSC but it looks like the majority are. The forum at its best. Well played everyone. Hope it can get to a grand......

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Donate or be quiet for 3 hours :lolol::lolol::lolol:

I think this has legs!

We could also accept donations to attempt to make him crack. For example I could pay to ask him why the club has run out of shirts and it’s only September. If he cracks the three hour clock starts again (once he has stopped talking of course :lolol)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

"Dan says a massive THANK YOU to everyone. He never imagined he would have this level of support. To say he is feeling a sense of purpose right now is a big understatement. And I have never seen his eyebrows raised quite so high in amazement. We are both so appreciative of every single donation. Dan and Carla. "

I know not every donation is from NSC but it looks like the majority are. The forum at its best. Well played everyone. Hope it can get to a grand......

In this case its not so much as the fact we are helping AITC it must be a massive boost for him personally and it will be great if this helps him overcome some of his issues

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Agreed. And it would be great if collectively we could get him over the £1k mark.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
£665 now. Amazing effort and a great story.

MJsGhost

Remembers
Jun 26, 2009
East
£725 and counting :bounce:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
£725 and counting :bounce:

:clap2:
Lovely stuff. And to think, he set himself a target of thirty quid!
Having read his really honest and touching back-story on the Just Giving page, this is a real 'good news' story.

Still time for anyone who wants to contribute, or just read the story and the subsequent comments from his mum as the total goes up and up...
It'll put a smile on your face. Here's the link:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/danthematyryanfan

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
You don't have to donate the default £ 10. Just select it and type in what you can afford. If everyone on this board donated £ 1, he'd raise quite a few Grand.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I've had a pm from Dan's mum Carla, which she said I could post on here:

"I want to thank every single member that made a donation. Dan honestly couldn’t believe his eyes and kept coming to ask me to check my emails to see if it had gone up. And every time we checked, it had indeed gone up! He was so surprised and appreciative.

Dan struggles massively every single day. He has crippling anxiety and is on medication for depression. He was signed off school eventually after months of being part time. And the local authority as yet haven’t found him a suitable school. He gets so lonely and only has me and his younger brother (also autistic) as company. He is also falling behind academically. Despite my best efforts, I am not a teacher!

To see Dan smile so many times yesterday was not only rare, but on a personal and slightly selfish reason, made my day too!! His smile is so beautiful and I generally only see it when he’s near the Brighton players, especially of course his absolute idol, Maty Ryan.

So, from Dan and even more so myself, THANK YOU!!!"

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

"I want to thank every single member that made a donation. Dan honestly couldn’t believe his eyes and kept coming to ask me to check my emails to see if it had gone up. And every time we checked, it had indeed gone up! He was so surprised and appreciative.

Dan struggles massively every single day. He has crippling anxiety and is on medication for depression. He was signed off school eventually after months of being part time. And the local authority as yet haven’t found him a suitable school. He gets so lonely and only has me and his younger brother (also autistic) as company. He is also falling behind academically. Despite my best efforts, I am not a teacher!

To see Dan smile so many times yesterday was not only rare, but on a personal and slightly selfish reason, made my day too!! His smile is so beautiful and I generally only see it when he’s near the Brighton players, especially of course his absolute idol, Maty Ryan.

Fantastic........has Maty tweeted the JG page ?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Probably my favourite ever thread on NSC!

Well done Dan, Dan's mum, Maty Ryan, Albion In the Community and Kay.

If anybody has just a few pounds they can donate, let's keep the ball rolling till Monday. This is one of those very rare occasions when everybody wins.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
£745 so far. He's at 2483% of his £30 target. What a great kid.

"Hi, my name is Dan. I am 11 years old and I have autism. I absolutely love Brighton and Hove albion football club, especially Maty Ryan. I have started attending the autism football sessions run by this charity at the Brighton and Hove albion performance centre. They make me happy as I can finally do football. Another reason I really look forward to these sessions is that I can enjoy spending time with other children. I am not able to attend school at the moment so I get very lonely. I am raising money for Albion in the Community as a thank you for running these sessions. They do lots of other good things too. On Monday 20th August I will be doing a three hour long silence. As somebody who talks A LOT, I will find this very hard but I am determined to do it. Any donations however small will be amazing and I will be very grateful. Thank you in advance."

If you have few moments, and a pound or two to spare, click here to support Dan:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/danthematyryanfan

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Some fantastic donations overnight have moved the running total on to £895!!

:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here