Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Friday beer thread. Let the weekend begin!

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Possibly a pre-dinner Hobgoblin and then a bottle of Chianti Classico with dinner. Maybe a spot of Port afterwards, I'll see how it goes.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I have had six pints of draught Guiness in Dunleer, ROI, watching the Gold Cup very relaxed at the moment, to the point of unconsciousness

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Got a nice Côtes du Rhône that I brought back from the Haute-Savoie last week to start while I eat steak. Hope House 13 chilling in the fridge and a Glen Moray 12 Year in the decanter. Good to have options.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Kicking off with a Mikkeller Nelson Sauvin Brut Belgian Wild Ale aged in Chardonnay barrels.

My round, what you having?

God HT, you are becoming fond of this old craft beer malarkey aren’t you ?

Simple for me tonight.... just 2 pints of Dark Stars Revelation ( and a nip of red Shiraz) from the brewery today. Part of a Saturday night package originally, but testing took longer than expected.
Thing was , although just whacked into a 2 pt container .......it was quite carbonated once poured . Why would 5hat be .
It looked like a lager , although tasted great as usual.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Three pints of Thatcher's, a pint of some American IPA which I didn't get the name of but which was nice and then two pints of the very suppable Abbeydale Brewery Heathen Pale Ale as my local micro bar is now a micro pub with seven draft lines. #winning

I'll have a Heineken now thanks HT. 660ml bottle if you have them as prefer that to draft.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I have had six pints of draught Guiness in Dunleer, ROI, watching the Gold Cup very relaxed at the moment, to the point of unconsciousness

I suspect you’ve only had 5 pints as no spelling mistakes.

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
Cloudwater Simcoe Eukanot IPA , and Coronation Street.
Marvellous , he said , in a smoky jazz-type voice..

Where would we be without Trafalgar Wines?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Kicking off with a Mikkeller Nelson Sauvin Brut Belgian Wild Ale aged in Chardonnay barrels.

My round, what you having?

I thought I would start with Toast Pale Ale
Brewed from unsold loaves and sandwich crusts, and with the profits going to the anti-waste charity, Feedback, this is a fine, balanced, golden-coloured pale ale with some sweet but discreet malt characters and a well-judged hoppy bite. It finishes on a savoury and slightly bitter note – in a nice way.

Then I will go for Stone Go To IPA Berlin, Germany 4.7% alcohol

A “vibrant hop-bursted session IPA”. Smoky, tangy and bright, there’s a powerful, orange-peel aroma here, mouthfilling flavours of lemon, grapefruit and herbs and some subtle malty, toffee richness. The exotic hoppy character with a faint trace of weediness integrates well.

Next would be Yeastie Boys Gunnamatta Earl Grey IPA 6.5% ,

It’s an IPA with Earl Grey tea, whose tangy, herbal and sweetly aromatic notes complement the rich, sweet citrus and malt flavours. Tropical fruit characters with fine herbs and spice make it very drinkable and give it a mellow complexity.

and finish with Oskar Blues Pinner IPA Colorado, US 4.9% alcohol

This is fresh and tangy with zingy grapefruit and lemon notes and a bit of tropical fruit character. Exotic and fresh with a real citrus drive and lovely hoppy notes, it’s a fresh style, with a flavour more like a lager than traditional IPA.

Then I might have a can of Cisk :nono:

But I might miss the grapefruit flavours:(

Pretentious?
Moi?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
woe, wasn't expecting that .... :nono:

all the best

Thanks, Pearl and Herr Tubthumper.

My iron levels have dropped alarmingly, resulting in severe anaemia. All so far this year I've eaten nearly all meat, fresh fruit and vegetables but still my whole body aches and is bruised. I won't deny I'm worried and wondering what the hell is going on. My medication mixing badly is the most likely cause. At least its cured a fear of needles. If I decide to have the red stuff it should cure it for a few months. I'm being well looked after. Thanks once again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here