Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "West Brom cup game - waiting for the upper tiers" thread *** all areas open! ***

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The "West Brom cup game - waiting for the upper tiers" thread *** all areas open! ***

What fun we had for the Coventry game last year >>> http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?361225-ESU-and-WSU-open-for-Coventry-game

Anyone playing along this year?

Seating Areas

Please note that the North, East & West Lower sections of the ground will be open, with visiting supporters situated in the South stand. If demand requires it, further seating areas will be opened, but please note seat moves cannot be made after a ticket has been purchased.​

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Excellent.

Seat countdown fun from 10am on Sunday.

:albion2:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Sounds like a more sensible arrangement than the Coventry game last season. You can sit with friends from other parts of the ground, the whole bowl is open from the off and they have stated that more areas will be open should demand make it necessary.

I'll be swapping the WSU for the North even though I think the upper tiers will be come available.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
What fun we had for the Coventry game last year >>> http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?361225-ESU-and-WSU-open-for-Coventry-game

Anyone playing along this year?

Seating Areas

Please note that the North, East & West Lower sections of the ground will be open, with visiting supporters situated in the South stand. If demand requires it, further seating areas will be opened, but please note seat moves cannot be made after a ticket has been purchased.​

It does seem strange -the club seem to be making out that this game has less significance then might be attached to it. I am not complaining about the price, which is great for the fans, but I can't help believing that had it been 20.00, the vast majority would have paid that and considered it reasonable.

I do find the decision strange not to open up all parts- surely last year must have taught the club that the demand is there, and particularly with these much reduced prices. If they then open up other parts at a later stage, then this surely just annoys people unnecessarily, if they have missed the opportunity to have their own seat.

To be fair, I can also understand that the club want to avoid opening up areas, which then have to be policed and only a handful of fans are there, but does anyone on here really think that the attendance will be that sparse? Pleased and somewhat disappointed in equal measure!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It does seem strange -the club seem to be making out that this game has less significance then might be attached to it. I am not complaining about the price, which is great for the fans, but I can't help believing that had it been 20.00, the vast majority would have paid that and considered it reasonable.

I do find the decision strange not to open up all parts- surely last year must have taught the club that the demand is there, and particularly with these much reduced prices. If they then open up other parts at a later stage, then this surely just annoys people unnecessarily, if they have missed the opportunity to have their own seat.

To be fair, I can also understand that the club want to avoid opening up areas, which then have to be policed and only a handful of fans are there, but does anyone on here really think that the attendance will be that sparse? Pleased and somewhat disappointed in equal measure!
Hang on. You're saying it's too cheap?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I was in the WSU for the Arsenal game. View was awesome, but I didn't like it. Slightly removed from the action and a constant backdrop of people moaning about this player or that player.

It was a bit like watching the game on telly with NSC providing the commentary.

Think I'll be back in the cheap seats next time

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Hang on. You're saying it's too cheap?

You are putting an unnecessarily cynical interpretation on what I have written. It is super for the fans that the price is so relatively low -of course it is -but I think it also plants the view in one's mind that the match is of such little significance that it has to be priced so low. Prior to the price setting, many on here in the earlier thread had suggested a price of 20 to 25, so I stand by what I say that they could have priced it somewhat higher and not affected the crowd in any significant way. I am not saying it's too cheap -perhaps the club are saying so?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You are putting an unnecessarily cynical interpretation on what I have written. It is super for the fans that the price is so relatively low -of course it is -but I think it also plants the view in one's mind that the match is of such little significance that it has to be priced so low. Prior to the price setting, many on here in the earlier thread had suggested a price of 20 to 25, so I stand by what I say that they could have priced it somewhat higher and not affected the crowd in any significant way. I am not saying it's too cheap -perhaps the club are saying so?
Nope. Still can't see your logic.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here