Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Man City v Liverpool

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Great game, actually lived up to the hype for once. Both teams played at a mental pace, some of the swift passing amongst that frenetic maelstrom was genuinely sublime. Thoroughly absorbing. I wish we were playing Liverpool this weekend instead of next, they must be shagged out after that (although I'm probably deluding myself that we could take anything off them anyway).

Plastic red in the pub went full-blown POSTAL when the scouse equalised. Then when City went 2-1 up, he sloped off to the pool table as we guffawed into our beers. Lovely.

I still think we’re playing them at a good time, could definitely see them choking after that. The club are such an overly emotional mess, the last couple of weeks the fans have been at fever pitch already and Klopp is not much better.

Really hope we start Andone, get in their faces and go at them from the start as their confidence must have gone a little after tonight. I could definitely see a Lovren red card up against Andone. Will be gutted if we start as we did against Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal though and let them take control.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Liverpool weren't quite at it in the same way that City were, so it was just about a fair result. Will we face a backlash or a side ready to question itself?

Last time we played a team in a similarly situation was Spurs and we gave them too much of a chance to play themselves back into a confident mood. Let's hope we've learned from that.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Liverpool weren't quite at it in the same way that City were, so it was just about a fair result. Will we face a backlash or a side ready to question itself?

Last time we played a team in a similarly situation was Spurs and we gave them too much of a chance to play themselves back into a confident mood. Let's hope we've learned from that.

I also fear a backlash. going for 0-3

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I still think we’re playing them at a good time, could definitely see them choking after that. The club are such an overly emotional mess, the last couple of weeks the fans have been at fever pitch already and Klopp is not much better.

Really hope we start Andone, get in their faces and go at them from the start as their confidence must have gone a little after tonight. I could definitely see a Lovren red card up against Andone. Will be gutted if we start as we did against Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal though and let them take control.

Hopefully we won't spend the first half hour standing off and looking for autographs, as we oft seem to do against the big boys. We'll probably get turned over regardless, but lets get in their faces as you say, and let them know they're in a game. See where it takes us.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Great game, really pity we can't play them Saturday.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Great game, actually lived up to the hype for once. Both teams played at a mental pace, some of the swift passing amongst that frenetic maelstrom was genuinely sublime. Thoroughly absorbing. I wish we were playing Liverpool this weekend instead of next, they must be shagged out after that (although I'm probably deluding myself that we could take anything off them anyway).

Plastic red in the pub went full-blown POSTAL when the scouse equalised. Then when City went 2-1 up, he sloped off to the pool table as we guffawed into our beers. Lovely.

Have you noticed our mutual friend has gone off line? :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hopefully we won't spend the first half hour standing off and looking for autographs, as we oft seem to do against the big boys. We'll probably get turned over regardless, but lets get in their faces as you say, and let them know they're in a game. See where it takes us.
We haven't really done this in a while to be fair. Arsenal, Spurs and Man Utd have only won once at our place in six Premier League attempts between them.

I'm not convinced Liverpool will find it easy to win here because we'll have learned from last season - Hughton makes mistakes but rarely the same mistake twice. I fancy us to pinch a draw, which would suit us fine, as well as all the pundits frothing with excitement over the title race.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We haven't really done this in a while to be fair. Arsenal, Spurs and Man Utd have only won once at our place in six Premier League attempts between them.

I'm not convinced Liverpool will find it easy to win here because we'll have learned from last season - Hughton makes mistakes but rarely the same mistake twice. I fancy us to pinch a draw, which would suit us fine, as well as all the pundits frothing with excitement over the title race.

We were much better against them away and could have pinched a slightly undeserved draw. At home we're much bettter.

I'm still not sure there's a team in the league that can cope with their front three on form but last night Klopp did a bit of a CH and picked a conservatve midfield three which stifled the front three of service. I'm expecting us to lose but not to get completely turned over. A point will be a very decent result indeed and further add to the baiting of the local plastic dippers.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I still think we’re playing them at a good time, could definitely see them choking after that. The club are such an overly emotional mess, the last couple of weeks the fans have been at fever pitch already and Klopp is not much better..

and this is the reason I really hope they choke again.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Oh dear. Nevermind. I'm sure you'll get over it.

Just do not understand why people need to over dramatise everything. So the poster does not like Liverpool, so what? Why the need for ‘exhibited your prejudice’, is not being a drooler over all things scouse now a hate crime?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
:lolol:

I'm 100% hoping City turn them over this season. Liverpool fans, especially the plastics, would be absolutely UNBEARABLE if they actually won the league.

Compared to the light hearted and generous Mancs? I think that recent trips to Maine Road or whatever indicate their way of thinking, especially the patronising attitude towards away fans.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Didn't watch it last night and only just seen the highlights this morning. How in the name of all things football was Kompany not sent off :eek:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

True, we do seem to have shifted 10-15 yards further forward against most teams lately. The snappy closing down of Everton in their own half last week was noticable and encouraging, and we continued to do that at the 'ammers. Last season there was a definite "feeling our way" against the elite teams, but hopefully the team as a whole now feels more confident at this level and can show a bit LESS respect to the opposition. We shook off that timid start against Arsenal, and (eventually) woke up against Chelsea, albeit a bit too late. Not saying we should go gung-ho against the dippers, but there is a balance to be struck and I want to see us on the front foot from the off.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Compared to the light hearted and generous Mancs? I think that recent trips to Maine Road or whatever indicate their way of thinking, especially the patronising attitude towards away fans.

I've not been to the Etihad, so I've not experienced being patronised there. But there is an enjoyable comedy value to Liverpool cacking things up. As someone else mentioned, their fans are such a collective emotional mess, its always a bit of a laugh as a spectacle when they have their hopes dashed again. And I'm sure City have their share of plastics, but they're nowhere near as prominent as the insufferable TITS I regularly see. That "Brighton Kop" can DO one - I'd bloody love it if we helped stuff up their title on the final day against City (assuming we're safe by then of course).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here