Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Happy Chris Hughton Day

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I will admit I was a bit underwhelmed when he joined, but bloody hell I was wrong. There could not be a more perfect manger that fits the Albion and his achievements with us have been unbelievable. Fantastic manager and a real gent. Hope he stays with us for a very very long time.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I remember being excited by the appointment of CH and departure of Burke. It coincided with another win at Craven Cottage I think? which wouldn’t be CH’s doing. After the gloom of squad quality downsizing and the constant results. It seemed that TB decided an entirely new approach.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Best manager the club's had. Here's to many more years.

He only needs one thread though :wink:
Indeed, he is the Best Manager we have ever had since the last Best Manager we have ever had!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
4 years ago I had colleagues who supported Newcastle, Birmingham and Norwich and collectively any of the football supporters at work all suggested CH was a bad appointment and would bring us boring predictable football that would set us back a few years.

How wrong they all were! He has done a terrific job. I personally expected to be in the Premier league but fighting relegation followed by a few yo-yo years but we seem to be battling for a top 10 spot

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Going back four years, can't be arsed to search, what was NSC looking at for a new manager? Was there a collective for CH, was someone else on the radar? What were the rumours of the day? Oh and happy Hughton day.
Quite a lot of halfwits, sorry posters, wanted Hoddle or Sherwood. I was genuinely gobsmacked.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
4 years ago I had colleagues who supported Newcastle, Birmingham and Norwich and collectively any of the football supporters at work all suggested CH was a bad appointment and would bring us boring predictable football that would set us back a few years.

I think your work colleagues are not very typical: I've not heard a Geordie or a Birmingham supporter say a bad word about Hughton. The typical Newcastle viewpoint is that he got a raw deal from Ashley and we had got ourselves a decent manager.

I agree that nearly every Norwich fan seems to be against him ... but they're a bit peculiar in that neck of the woods.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I think your work colleagues are not very typical: I've not heard a Geordie or a Birmingham supporter say a bad word about Hughton. The typical Newcastle viewpoint is that he got a raw deal from Ashley and we had got ourselves a decent manager.

I agree that nearly every Norwich fan seems to be against him ... but they're a bit peculiar in that neck of the woods.

Look, just because we’ve got twelve fingers and twelve toes there is absolutely no need to call us Norwich folk peculiar! The fact that I escaped at the age of three and have since won international swimming competitions has nothing to do with it.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I wonder who I wanted. I feel ashamed to look, I'm sure I posted :laugh:
Let us see. Unsurprisingly, Judas Horton got it wrong.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?314602-Hughton&highlight=hughton

Not sure if the "egg" Clive Walker was referring to was CH or McDermott. Cowfold Seagull thought McDermott was the man or maybe Lee Clarke. Justice wanted Sherwood. Ernest clueless as usual.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...Hughton-are-still-available&highlight=hughton

Marshy might not want to click this link.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?314692-Chris-hughton&highlight=hughton

Then there is more good stuff here

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?315464-Hughton-in!&highlight=hughton

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Yeah that's been my experience too. Particularly the Geordies who have nothing but massive respect for CH. In fact the way he was treated by Ashley adds to how much they hate the "fat cockney wanker".

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

This.

Most of the football fans in my office are Toon fans (unsurprisingly) and not one of them has a bad word to say about CH.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here