Votes: 153 42.5%
  • No

Votes: 207 57.5%

• Total voters

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
The replay on MOTD showed it was a bad challenge and deserved a straight red.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Little drops of poison here and there. All agree with each other and then their mates agree.

In two months time we will get genuine calls (not bathseagull) calling for Hughton to go.

You don't post any positive opinions about Brighton, but I know you're not a Palace troll. The problem is that fans like you are never satisfied and always moan. There are about ten or so on this forum who do the same.
Well said.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
It wasn’t worse. It was more cynical. There’s a big difference. Stephens’ challenge can injure people, whereas Cunningham’s just pisses people off with his cynicism.

if ANDONE goes down and feigns unconsciousness then cunningham probably walks , it's all done and dusted now , really frustrating result.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Thought it was a terrible decision watching on TV at the time, but watching MOTD can see why it was given. Does catch him on the ankle. Frustrated at his poor touch and has probably cost us 3 points

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Little drops of poison here and there. All agree with each other and then their mates agree.

In two months time we will get genuine calls (not bathseagull) calling for Hughton to go.

You don't post any positive opinions about Brighton, but I know you're not a Palace troll. The problem is that fans like you are never satisfied and always moan. There are about ten or so on this forum who do the same.

It’s a football forum regarding opinions usually more so when we lose . I’m really struggling to say anything positive because there is nothing positive to say . One away win in a year is not good enough people are afraid to say what they feel for fear of being trashed but today’s performance and our away form in general is appalling . Not all mates either as I’m a taxi owner driver so come across fans all the time who like me spend a lot of money travelling around the country watching this crap . We have players in this team who are just not good enough but most on here except they are . March for one . And as for Hughton playing him in this no 10 role is just laughable .spent £9 mill on a right back and Bong still plays again not good enough oh well just got in now off to bed .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It’s a football forum regarding opinions usually more so when we lose . I’m really struggling to say anything positive because there is nothing positive to say . One away win in a year is not good enough people are afraid to say what they feel for fear of being trashed but today’s performance and our away form in general is appalling . Not all mates either as I’m a taxi owner driver so come across fans all the time who like me spend a lot of money travelling around the country watching this crap . We have players in this team who are just not good enough but most on here except they are . March for one . And as for Hughton playing him in this no 10 role is just laughable .spent £9 mill on a right back and Bong still plays again not good enough oh well just got in now off to bed .

Where to start?
If you think it's such crap, what have you been doing for the last 20 odd years? Whenever I read your posts it is crap. I don't remember a single post from you saying, 'that was a good win'. Not one, ever.
You took delight in telling us that you'd spoken to eight other fans who agreed with you. Are you trying to shore up your insecurity by telling us that others agree with you. Do you think we won't believe your opinion without others saying so too? Have the courage of your convictions but don't try to back it up with 'everyone I've spoken to feels the same'.

Statitistics. Yes we know away wins are hard to come by in the Premier League which is why away draws are good. 19 other teams (apart from the top 6 feel the same way) Stats can mean anything you want them to mean.

Players and injured players. Hughton has no choice as Gross is injured and when he sees the team, no-one else can play the number 10 role AND defend like Solly. The team is lop sided at the moment, and Hughton knows it. He is having to play with the cards he is dealt.
£9million on a right back? Bong plays left back but that was probably a typo.

Try looking on the positive side for once. We have a great stadium, chairman, manager, recruitment, training ground and players. There will be ups and downs. Have a moan now and again on Nsc, we all do, but don't go spreading your doom and gloom everywhere. People will think you're just a misery.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No, need to see other angles, but barely a yellow and not sure he made much contact with the Cardiff player.

That said in real time at the game, as soon he chased the ball I was worried.

Just watched MOTD, whilst it looks bad is there an angle that shows it head on. I’m still unconvinced re the level of contact.

Does intent count as endangering an opponent in this case?

Was he out of control?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just watched MOTD, whilst it looks bad is there an angle that shows it head on. I’m still unconvinced re the level of contact.

Does intent count as endangering an opponent in this case?

Was he out of control?

You know I am willing to accept that in real time it might have looked like a sending off. I disagree that it was but understand why it was given. What I find the most galling is that Atkinson was a homer in virtually every decision that was 50/50. The fouls count for and against Murray was laughable given how easily conned the ref was by Cardiff players going down in true Warnock teamstyle, his teams have done this for decades. Wasn’t there a game they were losing where he oversaw enough players going off injured to get the game abandoned? The missing of the shirt off borders on either bent or complete incompetance.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You know I am willing to accept that in real time it might have looked like a sending off. I disagree that it was but understand why it was given. What I find the most galling is that Atkinson was a homer in virtually every decision that was 50/50. The fouls count for and against Murray was laughable given how easily conned the ref was by Cardiff players going down in true Warnock teamstyle, his teams have done this for decades. Wasn’t there a game they were losing where he oversaw enough players going off injured to get the game abandoned? The missing of the shirt off borders on either bent or complete incompetance.

Quite. The Murray thing was remarkable as it literally was all one way.

The Cunningham foul on Andone surely warrants further debate, as IF Stephens is out of control, what is Cunningham as he was actually OFF the ground, albeit not feet first.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Can’t see the link any more, but I just wonder if it had been Stephens arriving late(r) for the challenge rather than getting there first and playing the ball before the Cardiff player arrives, would the red have gone the other way?

I’m not sure why it’s become necessary to pull out of, or not make, a challenge that you’ll get there first for. :shrug:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The replay on MOTD showed it was a bad challenge and deserved a straight red.

Definitely a red I am afraid, not a good challenge

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
I looked like Dale was sliding on his thigh - feet were only just off the ground - but I think the view from behind Dale where the ref saw it from would have been just about the worst view possible in terms of making it look bad

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
It was a tackle worthy of East Brighton Park on a Sunday morning.

4 times out 5 , leaving the opponent rolling around in agony, 1 time out of 5, needing an ambulance.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Red in this day and age. We may think it is a soft red and trying to make a case for our player but if the tackle/foul was against one of ours and the offender was only booked we would be going batshit mental.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It was debatable as he got the ball but the pace of the challenge and the reaction from the players makes up the refs mind. The other decision that was odd was the Cardiff player taking out Andone with no attempt whatsoever to play the ball. Ironically it was very similar to the foul a Cardiff player was sent off for a few weeks earlier.

The shoulder barge wasn’t really like the “tackle” on Moura

The Cardiff player lunged in dangerously from behind with Moura running away

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Surely if Stephens has made meaningful contact wouldn’t their player have fallen forwards?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here