Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
But how many minutes has he actually played in that year ? It’s going to be hard for both him and Andone to find their feet and adapt to the pace and physicality of the English game when they just get 5 or 10 minutes here and there or a start away at a top 6 side where they hardly see the ball.

7 and a half months.
355 minutes.

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
Its difficult for Andone when he is coming back from an injury and Glen remains in good form. We all know that CH is conservative and reluctant to make changes so Andone will have to wait. I do think we should take a risk and play him for an extended game period otherwise he may never get up to speed. We all have worries about Locardia but I think he will only come good if as others have said we play tactically the way that favours him. B4 we got him he never played as a lone striker.l

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Its difficult for Andone when he is coming back from an injury and Glen remains in good form. We all know that CH is conservative and reluctant to make changes so Andone will have to wait. I do think we should take a risk and play him for an extended game period otherwise he may never get up to speed. We all have worries about Locardia but I think he will only come good if as others have said we play tactically the way that favours him. B4 we got him he never played as a lone striker.l

Wouldn't do any harm to give Andone the last ten minutes ahead of Locadia sometime shirley? If he's on the bench presumably he's presumably partially recovered from his injury.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
No idea. What would be the right amount of touches ?

I haven't a clue but I can forgive him being 'rusty'. Problem is the stakes are too high to 'blood' new players in, they really have to hit the ground running (Montoya) otherwise they will get limited opportunity. Fully expect Murray to start (and finish) Friday so not sure how we get the likes of Locadia and Andone involved and firing.

I guess I thought a run in the U23's might be the answer but seemingly not. The standard is quite different of course but at least it might get them up to cruising speed. FAC is a way off and still doesn't give them a good run

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Wouldn't do any harm to give Andone the last ten minutes ahead of Locadia sometime shirley? If he's on the bench presumably he's presumably partially recovered from his injury.

He's been available for 2 games so far in his career for the Albion after an injury. He's done 45 minutes with the u23s and is rightfully being nursed back. He made the bench v Spurs and might well have been on the pitch if it wasn't for Stephens injury.
And then Chris preferred a returning Izquierdo to be on bench (and Murray and Ali J) for Man City, and gave Locadia a start.
Not sure why this has provoked "where is he ? " type posts or such a big surprise. No doubt he'll feature in the next block of games.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Chris dropped Murray on Saturday. How about like that ?

Hardly the point is it? It was a 'free hit' and CH just played a wild card. To get Locadia properly involved he needs to get a run in our next few games where we might expect to have a good deal more possession and time in 'their' territory.

I'm not advocating that, but to bung him on at the start vs City away and expecting him to perform is fanciful at best

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
He’s never played as a lone striker and his lack of hold up prowess (his header that forced the corner we scored from v Spurs looked fine to me) only bothers me because the recruitment team seemingly spent big on a player that doesn’t fit our system. For me their only ‘mistake’ to date.

....what position was he playing at the Etihad then?

Prior to joining us therefore what made the recruitment team think he was suitable for our style?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Wasn't/Isn't Locadia's best position on the left of a front 3?
That's where he appears in most of the vids that I've seen and I know we have played him there a couple of times (Palace away?), but maybe he needs another go there now? if Izquierdo is not up to speed yet, maybe give him a go there instead of March? OR sub him on for March in that position to see if that works?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Wasn't/Isn't Locadia's best position on the left of a front 3?
That's where he appears in most of the vids that I've seen and I know we have played him there a couple of times (Palace away?), but maybe he needs another go there now? if Izquierdo is not up to speed yet, maybe give him a go there instead of March? OR sub him on for March in that position to see if that works?

If I recall correctly he did well against MU in the cup last year...wasnt that as part of 2 with Murray?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
If I recall correctly he did well against MU in the cup last year...wasnt that as part of 2 with Murray?

It was almost part of a two. We set up differently that game than as normal, that's for sure. But I think [MENTION=7321]casbom[/MENTION] is right in what he says about Locadia at PSV. The one time he's started in the wide left position was against Palace, and it wasn't too pretty, either for him, or for Izquierdo, who started on the right.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Hughton confirmed today that Andone is fit and available and he was left out last week (of the 18) for tactical reasons (presumably cos he went with Locadia up front and only 3 spaces on the bench).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here