Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Hand Luggage at the Amex

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/siteassets/201819-images/pdfs/fan-guide-revised.pdf

See page 10

Not permitted.....

Large bags/suitcases (including large rucksacks, hard shelled bags and wheeled bags)

I think the OP is asking whether there is somewhere they can store their case at the ground, not if it can be taken in.

If large bags and cases are banned inside the ground on safety grounds (which must include the idea it could be a bomb) I imagine the answer will be no.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Leave it at Gatwick. Your case could be the last lonely one on the conveyor. Crying as it repeatedly goes back through the black flaps and into the wilderness.

And then you can just pick it up next day. I'm pretty sure Gatwick have their own bag stores for unclaimed luggage.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
I think no will be the answer

We are gradually moving towards a "no bag" policy the same as Man City would be my guess - though only my opinion not fact

I and my lad took in rucksacks yesterday with bottles of water etc.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
You can indeed leave a bag at The Amex during a game by prior arrangement. . I've done it twice in the past. I would persevere with a phone call even if an email gets rebuffed. In my experience, and contrary to a few smug, sneery twats on here, the club does genuinely try to help fans out where it can.

Having said that, I haven't done this for a couple of years so policy may have changed.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
You can indeed leave a bag at The Amex during a game by prior arrangement. . I've done it twice in the past. I would persevere with a phone call even if an email gets rebuffed. In my experience, and contrary to a few smug, sneery twats on here, the club does genuinely try to help fans out where it can.

Having said that, I haven't done this for a couple of years so policy may have changed.

Good luck!

Who is being 'smug and sneery'?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think no will be the answer

We are gradually moving towards a "no bag" policy the same as Man City would be my guess - though only my opinion not fact

As it happened, the wife had no problem whatsoever with her bag at Man City

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
That was my thinking but wife disagreed as she thought that they were closed long before that.

The first IRA bomb in mainland Britain was I believe in 1974 followed by another that same year. There were certainly left luggage facilities at Brighton Station long after that year.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL

Good luck!

This. I've done it multiple times and they're always happy to help. I have never been able to bring it in to the actual ground, but they've always helped me place it somewhere. They do search it too though, for obvious reasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here