Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] US Grand Prix

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Coulthard exposing the corruption within the FIA. It's been OK to have all four wheels over the line on other parts of the track. These decisons ALWAYS favours Ferrari.

Really shit decision, shame Nigel Mansell wasn’t the head steward because he would definitely not have let them cheat like that, ex Ferrari though he may be.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
It’s been ok to have four wheels off the track this weekend during normal racing but the difference here is surely that Verstappen passed Raikkonen with all four wheels outside the lines. In theory it’s no different to cutting a chicane and passing someone as a result. Correct penalty for me. In fact I think it’s so clear it’s barely up for discussion.

Got to agree. Whilst I was delighted to see him beat a Ferrari, in all honesty I would have been spitting feathers and crying foul if it was against Hamilton.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It’s been ok to have four wheels off the track this weekend during normal racing but the difference here is surely that Verstappen passed Raikkonen with all four wheels outside the lines. In theory it’s no different to cutting a chicane and passing someone as a result. Correct penalty for me. In fact I think it’s so clear it’s barely up for discussion.

You may be right but the commentary team certainly thought it should be up for discussion.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sky love Verstappen and hate Raikkonen (just my impression on both) and even they seem to be unanimous that it was a penalty. I wish it wasn’t as it was fantastic to watch, but it was. I can’t comment on what C4 said though.

The C4 presenter stayed neutral.

Coultard, Webber and Jordan thought it completely wrong on two counts:

1. There was plenty of overtaking in identical circumstances today and at other races, all four wheels, always allowed.

2. The subjectivity. The steward who did this made a conversial call, favoured Ferrari in another race not too far back.

Last edited:

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
The C4 presenter stayed neutral.

Coultard, Webber and Jordan thought it completely wrong on two counts:

1. There was plenty of overtaking in identical circumstances today and at other races, all four wheels, always allowed.

2. The subjectivity. The steward who did this made a conversial call that favoured Ferrari in another race not too far back.

The FIA President is a former CEO of Ferrari. That's all anyone needs to know.

Whilst I think the decision was probably fair I would also bet that if it wasn't against a Ferrari or for a podium place it would not have been made.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
c0a7dbb07a24df96c584362fbe668673.jpg

‘Hard to find consistency’ = WILDLY INCONSISTENT [emoji276][emoji276][emoji276]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Well I thought that was a good race and even enjoyed the hype at the beginning (the Americans just love putting on a show). Some great racing and overtaking throughout the field. I think Lewis won it at a canter and could have stretched his legs if he wanted to.
As for the MV penalty I think it was correct. Yes plenty off drivers were exceeding track limits and running wide, but what Max did was cut the corner in order to overtake which is totally different.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Watched a Grand Prix for the first time in years. Still as pulsating to watch as ever, full of incidents from start to finish....

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
It's a shame that tracks now allow you to go off for a couple of minutes then come back on having gained an advantage. The construction of the tracks should make this impossible. They have created a problem they are now having to sort out and after the race will always be unsatisfactory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here