Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Warwickshire Seagulls

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
After suffering the Middlesbrough game in a pub in Cirencester which had more people watching the Man U game, the thought of watching the Sheffield Wednesday game in similar company feels me with dread.

So, for anyone in the area who like me can't make the game but can't stand the thought of watching it with the 'it's only a game wife' the recently refurbished Royal Oak in Kenilworth has the game on the big screen as promised by the landlord [MENTION=4815]seagully[/MENTION] [MENTION=5196]Since1982[/MENTION]

I'll be the nervous looking Vincent Van Der Voort lookalike in the corner.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
After suffering the Middlesbrough game in a pub in Cirencester which had more people watching the Man U game, the thought of watching the Sheffield Wednesday game in similar company feels me with dread.

So, for anyone in the area who like me can't make the game but can't stand the thought of watching it with the 'it's only a game wife' the recently refurbished Royal Oak in Kenilworth has the game on the big screen as promised by the landlord [MENTION=4815]seagully[/MENTION] [MENTION=5196]Since1982[/MENTION]

I'll be the nervous looking Vincent Van Der Voort lookalike in the corner.

Thanks! I'll tell my son. He lives in Leamington so may well want to come over. This is the Friday game yes? He is considering driving back for the Monday game.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
There;s a few Coventry Seagulls around

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Thanks! I'll tell my son. He lives in Leamington so may well want to come over. This is the Friday game yes? He is considering driving back for the Monday game.

Yes. Friday. I'm also back for the home game*

*unless we get stuffed and I keep a days leave

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
My brother left 2 pubs in Cirencester because they were on showing the Man U game.

I was in the Wheatsheaf. Man u game was on the big screen. Our game was on a small one, non HD with a faulty cable to the sky box. I frequently confused Goldson and Greer. That's how shit the reception was.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I would have joined you but I have a few mates coming over to my house in Warwick. Not sure what I will do IF we make the final

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I would have joined you but I have a few mates coming over to my house in Warwick. Not sure what I will do IF we make the final

Bring em down the pub. A recently refurbished pub needs beer up the wall. Especially the oak.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Tempting. Was gonna watch it on Warwick Uni campus but would rather be with other fellow Albion fans considering I'm not even a student anymore.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The oak is even on the x17 bus route from coventry >warwick uni > leamington. What's not to like?

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I'm tempted to head over- possibly for the Monday game as I'm WFH that day. Work down in London so will probably not get home in time to head over for the Friday game- will be nervously watching that one at home..

Edit- just re-read the thread properly. Might try to head over tomorrow- depends on trains etc.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I'll be there too - UTA!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Just as a bump whilst I spend my evening in the world's most depressing hotel (It's in Crewe and they are playing COUNTRY AND WESTERN FFS)

The oak is continuing to show Albion games even on the 5.30 kick off with 2 x Sky connections. The Villa game on Friday 18th Nov is next. Hope to see a few of you there.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Just a bump for anyone in the area. Checked with Aaron who runs the Royal Oak In Kenilworth and it'll be on tonight.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Just a bump for anyone in the area. Checked with Aaron who runs the Royal Oak In Kenilworth and it'll be on tonight.

Would head down but dry January coupled with getting back from work in London means I'll probably end up watching at home. Keep the bumps coming for future games though!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Would head down but dry January coupled with getting back from work in London means I'll probably end up watching at home. Keep the bumps coming for future games though!

Friday night games aren't great for viewing. The Oak used to be dead but since the refurbishment it's busy - As someone who has drunk down there and been the only one in the pub that is a shock to the system.

Wandered to the Engine fir the 2nd half which is busier but better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here