Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Worlds Hardest Creature VIII: THE FINAL***

Who's hardest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It's looking like the croc's on the verge of history. Hippo needs a miracle now. If the croc wins it'll be well deserved, having done it the hard way. Beat a former champ in the quarters, beat 'the peoples champ' in the semis and now is beating another former champ in the final. What a tournament he's having.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
better than a bloody shellfish

You say that but it's all about perspective. I'm always amazed the Praying Mantis doesn't even get nominated, let alone wins. Pound for pound, it's the most unstoppable brute-force kiling machine on this planet. If they were man-sized, well there'd be nothing left on Earth but them put it that way. Ants are also CRAZY hard when you think what they can lift and how prepared they are to fight to the death for their Queen and Colony even when severely injured.

To summarise - insects are mental and if you spill your pint into one down the boozer, you best apologise sharpish.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
You say that but it's all about perspective. I'm always amazed the Praying Mantis doesn't even get nominated, let alone wins. Pound for pound, it's the most unstoppable brute-force kiling machine on this planet. If they were man-sized, well there'd be nothing left on Earth but them put it that way. Ants are also CRAZY hard when you think what they can lift and how prepared they are to fight to the death for their Queen and Colony even when severely injured.

To summarise - insects are mental and if you spill your pint into one down the boozer, you best apologise sharpish.

but they aren't man-sized - i can still kill one with a magnifying glass.

i get what you're saying, but you could apply that to any animal to give it a helping hand. I mean, imagine if the Honey Badger was 3 times larger, had opposable thumbs and was brought up in deepest darkest Whitehawk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
People don't give a shit any more since the competition was proven to be institutionally corrupt, culminating in last year's DEBACLE of a final?

Indeed, I will be withholding my vote this year for this reason. This has become a travesty in recent years particularly when previous winners have been excluded ( Polar Bear ) and the constant Honey Badger lobbying. Last years winner was a multicoloured joke but this years final looks like those old heavyweight boxing matches when you had two lardy Americans slapping each others arms a few times then hanging on for the rest of each of 12 rounds. Sad.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It's over! The Crocodile has done it! And he's done it in some style too, finally fulfilling his promise and getting his hands on the coveted trophy.

Trophy_Celebration.jpg
galafans.jpg

Four times a beaten semi finalist, three times a beaten finalist its taken until WHC VIII for him to finally gain the most coveted prize in all of animaldom. Congratulations!!!

Just look how happy he is.
_75388523_hi001678136.jpg
htf_imgcache_33050.jpeg

Commiserations to Hippo who had his best tournament in years. It just wasn't to be though as he came up against a foe in inspired form.

Well, that's the end of WHC VIII. See you next year for WHC IX.

Stumpy Tim

Absolutely splendid work [MENTION=286]Garry Nelson's Left Foot[/MENTION]

Another tremendous tournament. Probably lacked the shocks and spills of last year, but not the fault of the organiser. The Croc fully deserves his victory.

Looking forward to next season when the usual giant predators will need to take care of the Mantis Shrimp, the Honey Badger, and the Shrew (my tip)

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Congratulations to the Croc & well done Garry Nelsons Left Foot on organising the tournament

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Indeed, I will be withholding my vote this year for this reason. This has become a travesty in recent years particularly when previous winners have been excluded ( Polar Bear ) and the constant Honey Badger lobbying. Last years winner was a multicoloured joke but this years final looks like those old heavyweight boxing matches when you had two lardy Americans slapping each others arms a few times then hanging on for the rest of each of 12 rounds. Sad.

Agree with most of this although I disagree with the slur contained therein regarding Honey Badger support. This wasn't lobbying, just stating the bleeding obvious. But what's the point - its all a gigantic stitch-up anyway!!!

Agree with most of this although I disagree with the slur contained therein regarding Honey Badger support. This wasn't lobbying, just stating the bleeding obvious. But what's the point - its all a gigantic stitch-up anyway!!!

#ComeOnTim

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Wonder if the python might get a look in come 2016?

Takes on something larger and potentially harder than itself - check
Comes out on top - check
Eats it - check
Doesn't give a shit - check

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here