Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Body fat

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I am underweight, BMI 17.9 and do have an neurological/immune illness that doesn't help. Can you donate fat cells? I could do with a transplant.

Have a great time skiing, that should burn a few calories.

Ah, my thyroid and auto immune disease does the opposite to me. I was 9.5 stone for most of my adult life, apart from two pregnancies, and when this started I have put on over three stone.
Perhaps we should donate a pint of blood to each other, I will lose weight and you can put it on.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am underweight, BMI 17.9 and do have an neurological/immune illness that doesn't help. Can you donate fat cells? I could do with a transplant.

Have a great time skiing, that should burn a few calories.

You wouldn't want my fat cells. Every pint contains about 20% alcohol :lolol:

However....presumably you underlying health is playing a role....and presumably you have chased up your GP, got a regular arrangement with a consultant, and badger the crap out of them? If not, do so. The way the NHS works now is that if you are happy to trudge out of the surgery with a metal spike embedded in your skull, and various other complains that have you limping, shuffling, twtiching and juddering, they are happy to see you go (sad wave). Seriously. :thumbsup:

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Ah, my thyroid and auto immune disease does the opposite to me. I was 9.5 stone for most of my adult life, apart from two pregnancies, and when this started I have put on over three stone.
Perhaps we should donate a pint of blood to each other, I will lose weight and you can put it on.

I have never made 9.5 stone, not even when pregnant. I guess I am naturally slim. I sympathise with you, its not easy when your body doesn't function properly.

Be great if blood donation could help us out.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
You wouldn't want my fat cells. Every pint contains about 20% alcohol :lolol:

However....presumably you underlying health is playing a role....and presumably you have chased up your GP, got a regular arrangement with a consultant, and badger the crap out of them? If not, do so. The way the NHS works now is that if you are happy to trudge out of the surgery with a metal spike embedded in your skull, and various other complains that have you limping, shuffling, twtiching and juddering, they are happy to see you go (sad wave). Seriously. :thumbsup:

GP is monitoring it but seems not to be too bothered. My blood pressure is low too. GP is more impressed about it than I am. If a metal spike embedded in my skull, would cure me, then i'm up for it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Already eating loads. Mainly Fruit and veg, chicken or beef, healthy carbs (sweet potatos, brown rice and pasta, seeded bread) nuts, dark chocolate, lots of cheese, olive oil, crisps and pretzels. Drink water, tea and some red wine. The trouble is healthy food is filling and it is hard to eat more. I must eat more calories than I should, i don't actually count though.

I'm very good at chilling on the sofa and sleep well. Think I'm going have to have a hot chocolate.
Who says you need to put on weight? Are you really unhealthily skinny?

Yes, healthy food is filling. If you really need to put on weight, maybe try and identify some of the foods that aren't adding much nutrition, but are filling you up, and replace with something a little more fattening.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Who says you need to put on weight? Are you really unhealthily skinny?

Yes, healthy food is filling. If you really need to put on weight, maybe try and identify some of the foods that aren't adding much nutrition, but are filling you up, and replace with something a little more fattening.

My BMI is in the underweight category. GP not too bothered yet. Be nice to gain a bit if I can.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Blimey!
Well I suppose its back to default, where man goes out and clubs wild boar to death, for woman to cook on neanderthal BBQ :)
No, you could well be right, it could be good. I'd just read lots in the past that it wasn't, but I'm no longer sure any of that was true.

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
Most body fat - especially obese people - is from parasites.......ask yourself - when is the last time you did a parasite cleanse? or took some de-worming pills? If you ingest gluten or sugar, for sure you have parasites. It's not a case of if, it's a case of to what degree.

Mainstream pharma disagrees with this and wants to sell you stories they can make money from.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Indeed. I have run out of geriatric chums so the last two times I went on my own. Mrs T has never been and is not a big fan of steep inclines. Catered chalet - always fun. Getting excited about Winter, now :lolol:

I've been on my own before, on ski clinics or similar, sometimes where no one else I knew could get time off of work.

Each time I met great people, who became friends. Skiing and apres ski :drink::whisky: is a very sociable pastime.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Most body fat - especially obese people - is from parasites.......ask yourself - when is the last time you did a parasite cleanse? or took some de-worming pills? If you ingest gluten or sugar, for sure you have parasites. It's not a case of if, it's a case of to what degree.

Mainstream pharma disagrees with this and wants to sell you stories they can make money from.

Helicobacter Pylori bacteria likewise.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

that is ABSOLUTELY TINFOIL HATE INSANE!
BUT, please post some links as I've love to read up on the background of this.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Worms make people skinny not obese.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Worms make people skinny not obese.

this. almost like the poster doesnt have a clue about the nonsense spouted. ingesting gluten or sugar, like bread and fruit we've been eating for a couple of millenia, suddenly is deadly to humans.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here