Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leon Balogun SIGNS [two-year deal]

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
All in all this sounds like the kind of signing where I can roll out “Hallo Leon, kann ich ein unterschrift haben bitte”, and impress him with my pigeon German no doubt like I did with Uwe. Cue German grammar polizei

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good start to the signings, very pleased

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Watching a few of the interviews with him ...... I like the guy.

It may be considered intellectual snobbery but I do like an articulate sportsman.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
All in all this sounds like the kind of signing where I can roll out “Hallo Leon, kann ich ein unterschrift haben bitte”, and impress him with my pigeon German no doubt like I did with Uwe. Cue German grammar polizei

Oi, the British spelling police haven't finished with you yet.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Anyone know if he’s likely to start at the World Cup?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I seem to remember him starting with two up front quite often at home in the Championship 16/17 season.
If we are going to progress next season I'm sure he is as aware as we are, that we need to score more goals. Therefore we need to be more attacking, at least at home.
Three at the back seems a logical solution to allow for the extra striker whilst leaving the midfield and wingers untouched.

Is my logic flawed?

edit: I have corrected your grammar for you, you're welcome

You seem to have completely sidestepped a Hughton team playing 3 at the back.

Oh and you corrected my spelling, not my grammar.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Seems a decent signing, will be interesting to watch him at the world cup.

I don't understand people saying he'll be 4th choice, he's a full international and had been playing at the top level for a few years now. He'll be at least level with Goldson. We need viable options in every position, Duffy had a couple of shockers towards the end of the season and I'd imagine it'll help the concentration if he knows a Nigerian international is there to take his place.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I don't understand people saying he'll be 4th choice, he's a full international and had been playing at the top level for a few years now. He'll be at least level with Goldson. We need viable options in every position, Duffy had a couple of shockers towards the end of the season and I'd imagine it'll help the concentration if he knows a Nigerian international is there to take his place.

This is my thinking. He’s much more than just an Uwe replacement.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All in all this sounds like the kind of signing where I can roll out “Hallo Leon, kann ich eine Unterschrift haben bitte”, and impress him with my pigeon German no doubt like I did with Uwe. Cue German grammar polizei

Corrected for you. Unterschrift is feminine so it’s eine. And Unterschrift is a noun so it has a capital :wink:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I seem to remember him starting with two up front quite often at home in the Championship 16/17 season.
If we are going to progress next season I'm sure he is as aware as we are, that we need to score more goals. Therefore we need to be more attacking, at least at home.
Three at the back seems a logical solution to allow for the extra striker whilst leaving the midfield and wingers untouched.

Is my logic flawed?

edit: I have corrected your grammar for you, you're welcome

Yet not put a full stop after the end of your comments!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Agreed. He's no 4th choice, and whilst he may not parachute straight into the 1st team central defence, his ability to play fullback as well makes him a strong candidate for the bench as a minimum.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
With the circus surrounding Duffy I'm pleased we have alternatives if it's felt that Duffy needs a rest from the limelight.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here