Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burnley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Good point but another dire performance. Things need to change next season if we stay up.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
That must be the dictionary definition of a hard earned point.

It was also the dictionary definition of dull.

Woeful game to watch, but happy to come away with a point from there. Would have taken that before the game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No, hard earned implies that we had to work bloody hard to get the point. Which we did.
I don't think so.
Burnley weren't exactly huffing and puffing to blow our house down, and the Albion certainly weren't.

Any hard work that the team had to do was predominately self inflicted.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A useful away point but I don't say we are there yet. Still, taking a point off Spurs gives hope that we can do the same with the big boys to come. :albion2:

West Brom & Stoke can't catch us. Swansea have got to play Stoke and Southampton, so points lost in either of those games.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
All-in-all a decent set of results:-
- Liverpool choking again will give Chelsea a boost and give Stoke something to play for vs Swansea
- Hudds losing was great; I thought they’d get something and possibly a win
- Our point means Hudds need 3 and Swansea 4, maybe 5, and West Ham 2 to overhaul us
- I had Saints down for a win anyway today; but had us losing
- Palace were always going to get safe

A Chelsea win tonight would see our odds of relegation go out further. It was the Hudds and Swans games I was most keen went our way today. COYB...

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
It is beyond belief that people STILL think we can go down.
Have they seen Huddersfield's fixtures? Or West Ham's? Or Southampton's? Or Swansea's?

****in' 'ell. Unbelievable.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Burnley do what they do well. Very physical, though fall over easily, play to win free kicks around the box so they lump crosses in, well organised at the back with two excellent keepers. Not pretty to watch though....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here