Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite spirit, spirit based drink or cocktail.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Man make fire ug ug.

I've tried spirits over the years but don't like the taste of them, whatever is mixed with them.
I like the taste of beer and can drip feed myself with it for a long period of time, whilst watching my spirit drinking friends fall about me before the night is over.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Because it's like saying vodka or Absolut, or perhaps, gin or Beefeater.

I suspect [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] was differentiating between dark rum and white rum ( especially as I think she's served in the Navy unless my memory is playing tricks on me ).

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
I suspect [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] was differentiating between dark rum and white rum ( especially as I think she's served in the Navy unless my memory is playing tricks on me ).

Fair enough, and to be truthful it seems like the Bacardi company owns about half the booze brands in the world so Thunder Bolt could be talking about any old hooch : )

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1. Gin and tonic.
2. Moscow Mule.
3. Bloody Mary.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Hard to beat a gin and tonic although a Tom Collins is nice if cocktails are on offer (although not a million miles away from a GnT).

I like Sex on The Beach or A Sloe Comfortable Screw Up Against The Wall but that's nothing to do with with alcohol.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Good whisky, of which Laphroaig is my favourite.
I also have a soft spot for Southern Comfort, although I hate their recent advertising with the fat bloke waddling along the beach.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Gin and Tonic is the best drink in the world. If we're talking cocktails then a tequila caeser would be my choice.

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
ive been indulging in a Polish Vodka called Soplica. It's flavoured.
This friday just gone my friends and I indulged in pear flavour and a bottle of the plum too. Delicious. That is all.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Mississippi mud slide

1pt chocolate ice cream
1pt coffee ice cream
Stolichnaya vanilla vodka
Dark creme de cacao
Baileys Irish cream

Lovely on a nice hot day preferably under a Caribbean sky

Favourite general drink is proper Jamaican Red Stripe...not the stuff you get over here, but the 5% proof stuff you get locally. Bloody magnificent.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I invented something pretty pokey over Christmas. Basically a triple of Tesco's Finest Salted Caramel Liqueur (think Bailey's with extra caramel-ness and a really, really small hint of salt) with a single shot of dark rum. Tasted like a liquid, alcoholic Mars Bar. Not recommended during marathon training or, indeed at any time at all except that small period during December when you're quite happy to lapse in to casual alcoholism.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here