Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Connor Goldson signs on a 4-year deal

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
This is only worth doing if we spend the Dunk money on players we need. There is no point selling Dunk, and being happy with the replacement without reinvesting the money into the team. Yes I understand that some of the Dunk money may have already been spent along the way. But certainly not all of it, we could definitely do with another winger at the very least. Bloom seems to be going for it this year, FFP has been relaxed so we can spend a little more and in my view our spending hasn't finished yet. It would also be good to get a winger in and possibly another signing, before Dunk goes.

Another winger. Another goal scorer. A creative central midfielder ((Tex on loan?)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Another winger. Another goal scorer. A creative central midfielder ((Tex on loan?)

Problem we have, is with clubs knowing Dunk has gone and we have pocketed £5m, weakens our bargaining position when trying to bring in the above. Very tricky for the club to navigate

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Sounds ideal to push Greer and Uwe.

22, 6ft 3 player of season, whats not to like for the money mentioned.

Pleased with this if it happens.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
HITC.com IS Pete O'Rourke

Well there's something I didn't know...

He's been slightly less reliable since leaving SKY I'd say. I'm sure that site has called a few things wrong and he rarely used to be wrong? Seems to be going for rumours etc heavy since he left SKY that's for sure...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I know Connor pretty well. He's my friend's best mate and i know we've been looking for about a year. Weirdly enough, i was on the phone to said friend on the way to Huddersfield last night. He told me we had contacted Shrewsbury last week to submit an enquiry. I know he would certainly be interested in the move to us. I'm not claiming to know the ins and outs of his life, but i do know him particularly well. I assumed with the signing of Hünemeier that we would have dropped our interest.

Connor is a great lad and i don't actually think he realises how good he really is. He captained Shrewsbury in Liam Lawrence's absence and showed great leadership qualities at such a young age.

He'd be a fantastic addition and if Dunk is off, a brilliant replacement for him. Would cost a fraction of what we would get for Dunk

Have a word with him and let him know that Brighton is the best side to sign for.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm confused. Hughton decided pre-season Greer would be captain and has started him in every match, including our last two pre-season friendlies. This is the same 34 year-old Greer that only had 6 months left on his contract left before being granted a 1 year extension last December. At that time I fancy many, if not most, fans were probably thinking 2014/15 would be his last season for us, or a 2015/16 bench option at best.

Goldson has stated he didn't join Swansea because he wanted to play week in, week out.

Hunemeier was brought in - according to Naylor - to replace Hughes, even though his credentials make him the logical longer-term replacement for Greer. He was the main man for Paderborn in the Bundesliga, I can't see that he would have joined us to be a bench player, especially a bench player to some bloke from Shrewsbury and a 34-year old that has never played in the top flight.

Something's got to give.

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
I'm confused. Hughton decided pre-season Greer would be captain and has started him in every match, including our last two pre-season friendlies. This is the same 34 year-old Greer that only had 6 months left on his contract left before being granted a 1 year extension last December. At that time I fancy many, if not most, fans were probably thinking 2014/15 would be his last season for us, or a 2015/16 bench option at best.

Goldson has stated he didn't join Swansea because he wanted to play week in, week out.

Hunemeier was brought in - according to Naylor - to replace Hughes, even though his credentials make him the logical longer-term replacement for Greer. He was the main man for Paderborn in the Bundesliga, I can't see that he would have joined us to be a bench player, especially a bench player to some bloke from Shrewsbury and a 34-year old that has never played in the top flight.

Something's got to give.

Maybe he was told he'd be first team squad, competing for a starting slot this season with the prospect of being clear first choice next season? Better than rotting in Swansea reserves.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Maybe he was told he'd be first team squad, competing for a starting slot this season with the prospect of being clear first choice next season? Better than rotting in Swansea reserves.
He would get starts, as only two players max can be ahead of him, and they're not going to start every game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here